• BlueGoldAg
    I'm deleting my previous post since CBS Sports got it wrong and actually posted last weeks FCS Coaches Poll and showed it as the new, updated poll.

Post up any FCS polls you find in this thread.
  • 72Aggie
    [DELETED]
  • agalum
    Wow, crazy
  • AggieFinn
    Wait, Idaho went up 4 spots?
  • BlueGoldAg
    That's what the chart shows. Is this the actual, official poll of the FCS Coaches? This just doesn't seem right yet that's what it says and updated on 11/13/22.
  • AggieFinn

Has to be Sunday haze... it makes no sense
  • movielover
    Sam Herder at Hero Sports had us moving up to #14.

"I was one of a few people that had UC Davis (6-3 vs. the FCS) ranked due to it crushing inferior opponents and having its FCS losses being to Top 10 teams. The Aggies proved it and then some by winning decisively at Idaho, who I had in my Top 10 last week. UC Davis moves way up to No. 14 and Idaho (6-2 vs. the FCS) drops to No. 15 but stays one spot ahead of Montana (7-3 vs. the FCS)."

https://herosports.com/fcs-top-25-herder-ballot-11-14-2022-bzbz/

(His personal vote tally, not the consensus.)
  • Kerberos
    No, this is last week’s poll. The scores are up-to-date but the positions on the poll are from before Week 11’s games. I don’t think the coaches poll comes out until Monday morning each week.
  • BlueGoldAg
    That makes sense. CBS Sports got it wrong so I edited my post and posted last weeks poll. I edited my post to avoid any more confusion. Thanks for the correction.
  • Riveraggie
    UCD all the way up to 89 in the Sagarin rankings. That I believe is the highest ever this late in the season. That’s the sixth highest FCS school.
    https://www.college-sports-journal.com/college-sports-journal-sagarin-fcs-top-25-nov-12/
  • DavisAggie
    possibly the highest we've been since 2000. Really
  • Toke69
    A couple of polls (versus and CFP) have UC Davis at #23.
  • BlueGoldAg
    FCS Coaches Poll:

1. South Dakota State 695 (23 1st place)
    2. Sacramento State 673 (5 1st place)
    3. Montana State 642
    10. Weber State 462
    12. Montana 375

Others receiving votes:
    Idaho 27
    Aggies 19

Full poll here: https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/fcs-coaches-poll
  • Russ Bowlus
    Coaches need to fill out their polls while sober.
  • BlueGoldAg
    STATS Perform Poll:

1. South Dakota State 1343 (47 1st place)
    2. Sacramento State 1297 (7 1st place)
    3. Montana State 1247
    7. Weber State 996
    13. Montana 625
    T-21 Idaho 275
    24. Aggies 217

Full Poll here: https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/stats-perform-fcs-top-25
  • BlueGoldAg
    College Sports Madness Poll:

1. South Dakota State
    2. Sacramento State
    3. Montana State
    9. Weber State
    17. Idaho
    18. Montana
    22. Aggies

Notable comments:

Vandals could not stop the red hot UC-Davis team. A real mystery team. Would beating Idaho State be enough to get into the playoffs? Gonna be close.

Aggies are on fire. Winners of five in a row, but only good win was at Idaho. A win this week at Sacramento State should clinch. A loss and they're out.

Full poll here: https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/fcs-football/top-25-rankings
  • CA Forever
    The coaches poll has consistently had us lower than the others over the last several seasons for whatever reason. Have to beat Sac State.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Coaches are way high on Montana, as usual.
  • cmt
    LOL at all the polls having Idaho over us. I mean, the coaches polls are always useless regardless of sport. Most of them don’t even vote anyway.

But we have the same record and we beat them by 18 at their place. And it wasn’t a “scored late to make it look worse than it was” type of game. We led by 10+ for the final 43 minutes and were up 31-7 at half. They stopped us from scoring one time (11 drives, 5 TD, 3 FG, 2 drives to end each half and 1 punt).

We’re both 6-4. Neither team has a bad loss. They’ve got 2 FBS losses but their loss to us is a worse loss than we have. Their best win is over a 7-3 Montana team by 7. Is that a better win than us beating them by 18? I don’t know. It’s probably even.

So if the two teams are pretty even as far as their resume goes and Team A beat the crap out of Team B on the road, you should probably rank Team A above Team B.
  • Riveraggie
    "Davis ended the 2018 season after winning one playoff game ranked 101."

Oh, you're talking about Sag, yes, this is true. I was referring to the national FCS ranking going into the end of season when UC Davis got the #8 seed in 2018.
  • Riveraggie
    LOL at having Montana ranked over Davis. Substitute Cal or South Dakota State for Northwestern State or a Indiana State and they would be 6-4. Davis’ road win over Idaho is better than any Montana win and Montana lost to Idaho at home.
    Against conference competition they’ve lost more games than Davis. If either team wins this week and the other loses, they’re the better team.
  • cmt
    You could even add Idaho in there too. Montana is 7-3 against FCS competition while Idaho is 6-2. Montana’s non-con was Northwestern St, South Dakota and Indiana St who are a combined 8-21. Lost to Sac, Weber and home to Idaho. Idaho lost to 2 FBS teams.

Definitely nothing there to justify them being 10 spots ahead of Idaho or UCD.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The FCS fans over on the anygivensaturday.com forum are at least as accurate or even more accurate in their assessments of the FCS teams than many of the other polls. Here are a few interesting comments regarding their current poll:

Most Significant Win: UC Davis Aggies
    Most Significant Loss: Idaho Vandals

A few thoughts:

This could've been called the "Top 24" this week - I don't think I've ever seen so few points for #25 or such a massive gap between #24 and #25.

12 of the top 25 are from the Big Sky and CAA - you want to take a guess why the bubble is looking so tough this year???

UC Davis might be the scariest #23 team this late in the season I've ever seen - I don't think anyone wants to play them right now (after this week they'll have played 4 of the top 6 teams in the current AGS Top 25). I highly doubt there are 22 FCS teams better than they are.

https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?317999-AGS-Poll-Results-2022-SEASON-Wk-11
  • Riveraggie
    I think Montana loses this week. It will be a matchup of two teams with the easiest schedules in the Big Sky. Matchup of a team which lost their tough games against a team that won their only two tough FCS games and is home.
    Montana State beat Davis and Weber both at home, and now they get Montana at home. They didn’t have to play Idaho or Sac. Lucky schedule.
  • lucche
    How is it a 6th place team in the Big Sky is ranked way ahead of two other Big Sky teams and they have the softest schedule? Anyone?
  • Toke69
    Equaling puzzling is how Sagarin ranks Montana as the second best FCS team behind only South Dakota State. If someone can crack that code, it might explain why the polls have them so over-rated but as far as I can objectively see, it's beyond common sense.
  • cmt
    Apologies if this was sarcasm but it’s all the preseason polls.

Montana was 3, UCD was 25 and Idaho was unranked. Then Montana started 5-0 against a crap schedule and even though Idaho beat them, they were only 4-2. Never mind those were both FBS losses.

Same thing happened to us in 2019. Started out #5 and didn’t fall out of the top 25 until we fell to 4-5.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Margin of Victory, probably. Most of Montana's wins have been by 30+.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!