• cmt
    The more I think about it the more I think how crazy it is for anyone to rank either Idaho or Montana ahead of us.

Montana went 7-4 against FCS. Lost to top-3 in conf plus Idaho. Didn't beat any winning teams. Trailed by 41 points in a game.
    Idaho went 7-2 against FCS. Lost to Sac but missed Weber/Mont St. Beat Montana at Montana. Never trailed by 41 points in a game.
    UCD went 6-4 against FCS. Lost to top-3 in conf plus a top-2 playoff seed. Beat Idaho at Idaho. Never trailed by 41 points in a game.

If you're comparing UCD vs. Montana... both lost close to Sac, both lost close to Weber. Montana lost to MSt by 34, UCD lost by 17. Montana lost at home to Idaho. UCD beat Idaho on the road by 18.

If you're comparing UCD vs. Idaho... both lost close to Sac. They lost two FBS games. We lost an FBS game, 2 games to the likely top-2 seeds an another game to a third potential seeded team. UCD won at Idaho by 18.

All three teams beat the objectively worse teams on their schedules.

There's basically nothing in their resume's that you can point to that would make you rank either of those other teams above us. We performed better against the good common opponents than Montana did. We played a tougher schedule than Idaho did, performed the same against the one common good opponent. Oh, and we beat them handily at their place.

If I'm taking 4 Big Sky teams, UCD is in. If I'm taking 5 Big Sky teams, UCD and Idaho are in.
  • CA Forever
    Brian McLaughlin who used to write for HERO Sports as well and now for Gridiron Heroics also picked the Aggies to get in as the last team basically with the argument that we're much better than most of the 7-4 teams.

https://gridironheroics.com/fcs-football-playoffs-final-bracket-prediction/
  • Kerberos
    UT Martin needed the coin flip. Both SEMO and UTM would have gotten in if UTM won the coin flip, but since SEMO won UTM will likely be left out.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The FCS fans over on the AGS Forum ranked Montana above the Aggies in their final poll and most see us as one of the first four out of the playoffs.

https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?318675-AGS-Poll-Results-2022-SEASON-Wk-12-SELECTION-SUNDAY
  • movielover
    Is there a link for the playoff selection?
  • cmt
    It's on ESPNU so I would guess you can stream on ESPN.com or the ESPN app too.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!