• BlueGoldAg
    So maybe we were actually the 2nd best team in the nation but not good enough to be selected for the playoffs.... :cool:
  • lucche
    Four losses most close games, less than a td a game, demonstrates we were quite competitive to the teams ahead of us in the league standings
  • cmt
    Glad for South Dakota St. Made the semis in 17, 18 and 21 and lost the title game by 2 in 20 on a TD with 16 seconds left. Seems like they deserved a title at some point.
  • 72Aggie
    Always good to see a team in blue & gold defeat a team in green & gold.
  • AggieFinn
    Man, I can remember watching the Aggies play little South Dakota State at Toomey back in 2004...Davis beat 'em 52-0. March forward 18 years and they're FCS National Champs. What a fantastic win for the Jacks, and over a very close rival. That staff has put in a ton of time and paid dues on the recruitment trail, so cool to see it pay off.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I'm really happy to see SDSU take the title as well. Great to see the wealth spread around a bit rather than total domination by NDSU year after year.

I honestly think we would have had a great chance to beat the Bison this year also and, given how close we played SDSU, who knows just how far we may have gone if the selection committee hadn't thumbed their noses at us.
  • CK2
    The Bison were just more flawed than they have been in past year specifically at one position, QB. Cam Miller just isnt very good despite loads of talent all around him. SDSU beat them up front which doesn't happen often but in the past when they went up a team that was close physically (and could slow the run) they could win it with their QB - they don't have that luxury with Miller.

Really happy to see Coach Stig get one. Hes the only person remaining from the time I covered the Great West. A great coach and person. Happy for the Jacks. SDSU just on another level last 4-5 weeks.
    What they did to Montana St was impressive/shocking. As I said a couple weeks back, that game was for the title.
145678Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!