• 72Aggie

"In fairness to William & Mary it was 17F at kickoff"

I can see moving the Sac game to get ahead of the storm, and the North Dakota State game was indoors, but why move the Montana State game from Saturday afternoon to Friday night? 17 degrees at kick off and a visiting team from Virginia? Forecast for 1:00 today in Bozeman is a balmy 37 degrees.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Not much to choose from on ESPN on a Friday night for sports fans, however, on Saturday, there's lots of sports on tv so the game wouldn't likely have a very big tv audience. Like they say when something seems ridiculous, "follow the money..."
  • cmt
    Holy Cross showing well. Tied at 21 going into the 4th.
  • NCagalum
    Holy Cross Batman. The Crusaders are hanging with the bunnies. 21-21 at end of third.
  • CK2
    Sluka has been a machine running the ball at QB. Tommy Mellott has to like what he sees. Sean Chambers too.

Great hobby Cross to battle today. Impressive showing.
  • AggieFinn
    SDSU pulling away now
  • agalum
    Both teams have impressive mobile QBs. Looks like all the top teams have QBs that can throw and run.
  • agalum
    SDSU MSU should be a tremendous game. Maybe SDSU and NDSU in the finals?
  • NCagalum
    Sac loses 66-63. What a wild game.

Well I thought Sac State had a pretty good defense until this game. What I noticed was that the D line was absolutely gassed at the end and you know there was absolutely no way Sac was going to stop Lindsey Scott and IW. Sac did not seem to rotate in fresh players much but some of that may be due to tempo and IW not substituting to allow for a rotation. What I noticed about the Aggies this year was how many players they rotated in on defense and I did not sense they ever really wore down much in games. Maybe Montana State somewhat but those were mostly 1 play big plays.
  • CK2
    Sac's best RB Skattebo has entered the portal. So it begins. Hornets about to see a major drop off as a result of TT leaving.
  • 69aggie
    But, can he get into Stanford? I am sure TT and he want that to happen, but can it? This might be a cascading effect for sac not only for players but for the coaching staff as well. For them, I hope not, but it really depends on what TT told the parents at recruiting time. My opinion is that TT a was a much better recruiter and motivation coach than a technical OC. Which is actually what you want with a HC. No chance he will be an Aggie in my opinion but I hope I am wrong.
  • cmt
    Had Sac beaten Incarnate Word, we would have faced 3 of the 4 semifinalists in the regular season for the second time in 4 years. Also happened in 2019.
  • BlueGoldAg
    ...and we played all of them tough but the selection committee didn't think we were as good as teams like Elon, Delaware, Montana or Idaho...
  • movielover
    Montana likely ahead of us with a prime monetary offer to host, plus 20-25,000 fans.
  • lucche
    Yrs, it was all about the money. I bet Montana is on the playoffs again. Next year even if they go 5-6
  • Riveraggie
    Probably right especially when their competition for the game can’t generate much revenue. I was surprised how many empty seats there were in most of the playoff games I watched in the first and second rounds. They won’t get in with a losing record though. Davis would draw better than many of those teams,
  • agalum
    14-0 IW, making it look easy against the Bison
  • agalum
    Stepped away and boom, 17-16 Bison at the end of the half.
  • CK2
    IW should be kicking themselves. They had a chance to literally put the bison away in the 2nd. Should have had mid 20’s. You see what happens when Cam Miller has to throw? He’s awful. But they kept it close enough and then The run game started to cook including Miller where he’s much better.

We’ll see what IW is made off. Huge possession coming out of the half but this could get ugly 2h. Scott needs to steady the ship on offense.

I’m not a big blame the refs guy but whistles/flag def favoring bison. The 2nd down where the WR got blasted before the ball was there is just awful. Throw the flag. Scott slammed to the ground. No flag there but quick to call the targeting Against Miller (it was the right call).
  • NCagalum
    Some ESPN idiot used San Diego State defense footage instead of South Dakota State footage during halftime in previewing tomorrows playoff game. I guess just punch in SDSU and don’t think. ESPN coverage of FCS is pathetic.
  • cmt
    Set up for a good ending with this one. 24-22 NDST with 3:40 left in the 3rd.
  • agalum
    It does seem like the Bison are getting the benefit of the flags.
  • agalum
    And IW just got ripped off on a Bison fumble recovered by IW. Insane.
  • NCagalum
    terrible call. Refs just covered their butts after a non- field call.
  • cmt
    Needed to throw that ball a second or two earlier because the WR was wide open.
  • agalum
    And Bison win it 35-32. It turns out that lousy call by the refs cost IW the game.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Is the ESPN box score correct showing the NDSU passed for 5 yards, total?!
  • NCagalum
    Exactly. Quit pumping and just throw it.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!