• CA Forever
    Man... Idaho State is just a total black hole of a program. Ragle has resigned to take a position at Arizona State after leading the Bengals to a 1-10 record. Tough to build any kind of program when you have zero continuity at the helm.

Looks like what star power they had is leaving as well as Xavier Guillory hit the portal and already has an offer from Utah.
  • agalum
    And we have them on the schedule next year, the game before slac. Maybe they find a Troy Taylor, wink.
  • Riveraggie
    I’m sure they were devastated to lose him.
    When a coach publicly blames his players for losses he has to move on.
  • CA Forever
    I agree that Ragle's comments were pretty inappropriate at the end of the season, but I was more commenting on the state of ISU's program in general... looking at their last 4 HC's overall records

John Zamberlin (2007–2010) 6-39 (.133)
    Mike Kramer (2011–2016) 18-50 (.265)
    Rob Phenicie (2017–2021) 16-35 (.314)
    Charlie Ragle (2022) 1-10 (.091)

Over the course of these 4 coaches, obviously 0 conference championships and 0 playoff appearances. That is just absolutely insane to me. I think situations like Troy Taylor at Sac and Jason Eck at Idaho are on the rarer side of taking a team and immediately finding success. At the FCS level it sometimes takes a season or 2 to really start gelling and having a coach that lasts 1 season doesn't help the overall outlook of the program.
  • Riveraggie
    I get your point. But in this specific case it’s best to cut your losses. It’s a picturesque campus, but I don’t know what challenges they have recruiting, Maybe it’s a tough sell.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!