• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies play their final non-conference game this evening at 5 p.m. against NAU. The Lumberjacks come to Davis with a 5-6 record but they've played a very tough schedule which includes loses to Arizona, Arizona State Arkansas, Kansas Stater, Clemson and Fresno State. The Aggies will be looking to get a win over a tough opponent before beginning conference play at Hawaii on Thursday, December 29th.

Live stream on ESPN+ at 5 p.m. Go Ags!
  • MTBAggie
    This team sure knows how to blow a lead. Ags lose 83-81.
  • BlueGoldAg
    They did let a 15 point lead get away from them. However, the main reason they lost in the final 10 seconds was because of the 2 absolutely horrible foul calls by the officials which put NAU on the line for 4 FT's and they made all 4.

The last foul with 2.3 seconds left was incredibly wrong! The NAU player ran straight into Sidney Burns who was cutting across the court and knocked her down and the official called a foul on Burns. It's mind-boggling that the official would call Burns for that foul. Even the NAU player thought she had fouled Burns and was shocked that the call went against Burns. Jen Gross was livid and you certainly can't blame her.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    That was right in front of us and it was an incredibly bad call. If anything the ref should have swallowed the whistle.

Sabel played great for 3 quarters. Rough shooting from her and the entire team in the 4th. On to the BW season!
  • abridge
    I have a beef: <rant>I went to the women's site before the game to get a feel for Eastern Washington. There was NOTHING. The game notes looked like they had been written by a bad AI or perhaps written by someone unfamiliar with almost anything. So then I go to the men's site and see a great writeup with details on UCLA and extensive notes about the team.

What the heck! Something is wrong with the UC Davis athletic department. The level of competence/interest between the men's and women's program is stark and needs to be corrected.
    </rant>

pant pant pant

Now back to basketball.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I'm with you 100%. I follow the women's team because they have traditionally put out a good exciting product, and I liked taking my daughter to WBB games to show her positive female athletes. But so far this year, the WBB have had home games start at: Mon 11am, Thur 2 PM, Thur 6 PM, and Mon 5 PM. It makes it difficult to build any non-student loyalty when anyone who works traditional hours can only make 1 of the out-of-conference home game (and that was a body bag game against William Jessup). By contrast, all the MBB home games have started at 6:00 PM. I know the scheduling is probably done independently from one another, but when added to the disparity in coverage, it does start to raise questions.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!