• Toke69
    Although the Roadrunners played UC Irvine tough, losing by only 4, and had a decent win over Cal Poly, the fact remains that they are 1-4 on the road and have only two wins against Division 1 schools. They live and die on defense, as they rank 11th in scoring offense in the Big West at 60.8 ppg, while holding opponents to 61.5, good for second in the conference. Their leading scorer is Kaleb Higgins, the only one on the team averaging double figures at 13.5 ppg. But again, their forte is defense. They average 5.8 steals and 3.6 blocks per game. Of course, we’re no slouch in those departments, averaging 6.5 and 3.3. UC Davis has won four straight games over CSU Bakersfield, squeaking by them at Davis last year 81-79. Overall, the Ags have a 6-2 series edge. We should be heavily favored to get our first conference win.
  • Lizaggie
    Hope so. Close games, unfortunately lost. Doesn’t help if high scorers also have the most TOs, and missed shots. We have had several games now where this has caused losses also with missed free throws. There are 5 players on the team, knowing where their team mates are might help.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Looks like the board took this game off. I actually made it home in time to go to this one. Ags played an overall solid game. Even though Pepper was cold from the field he never forced his shot and seemed comfortable playing the complimentary role with 4 assists and 4 rebounds and solid D. Milling picked up the scoring with a career high 19. If you make it out to a game this year, watch how hard the guards work away from the ball on defense and the boards. When they play like they did yesterday they’ll be in every game
  • agalum
    Crazy that Pepper only had 2 points. FTs were much improved, but FGs struggled. Credit a pesky Bakersfield defense. Good win for the Ags, we needed it.
  • DrMike
    Good to see Milling come alive; we really need his bench points. Hopefully Borba can rrgsin Sind confidence- tough coming back after missing 1/2 the season. Good win. Entering a stretch of 5 games we can win - nice to get in a roll and get in the top half of the standings
  • Toke69
    Missed you guys yesterday! Note that Hawaii lost on the road at Fullerton last night, which illustrates a point I made earlier about the Warriors problems away from Honolulu. Unfortunately, neither UCSB nor UCI show such weaknesses. We'll see how well the Gauchos do at Irvine next week.
  • DrMike
    that echoes what I was telling AgAlum yesterday. At this early stage, UCI and USCB seem more complete than us but I think we can get Hawaii here. Fullerton seems down a notch from past years (they play us tough), and hard to get a read on the Beach.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I watched the last 5 minutes of the Poly-UCSB game and SB pulled it out in the final 2 minutes. The game was much closer than the score. Poly is very much improved.
  • DrMike
    How was the attendance Saturday? I don’t see it on the box score
  • agalum

It looked sparse close to game time but filled in a little later. My guess is less than a thousand
  • BlueGoldAg
    According to the stats on the Athletics website we are averaging 599 per game through 6 home games. That's terrible! The Ags are a good team this year so I sure hope the attendance pics up a whole lot.
  • AggieFinn
    What are they doing to draw students to the games? Feels like nothing.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    It doesn't help that the main hype guy (not Darius or any of the guys that do the football games) criticizes the students when they don't do what he tells them to do. Don't get me wrong, he has a tough job to do, but to "angrily" blame missed free throws on those students who don't raise their arms seems counter productive.
  • agalum

Finn, i don’t know about marketing on campus, but they're doing Tshirt give aways, double double give aways for an entire row, and the typical aggie swag give aways at time outs. The new quarter has started so that should help with the student numbers and getting the band-uh back in attendance.
  • agalum
    They were giving away reconditioned bikes which was popular. But with classes up and going, that will help.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!