• agalum
    Let’s hope he’s good at utilizing talent in the right place. I haven’t really followed his career so don’t know what to expect
  • AggieFinn
    Alright then.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    They needed a Cody at OC.
  • Riveraggie
    I wonder if Cody will coach the QBs. If not they have two guys on staff that have been QB coaches, Taylor Chapatte was QB coach at University of San Diego, and Kevin Burke has been a QB coach at Mount Union and Case Western.
    I was surprised to see that Kevin Burke was the QB on Dan Hawkins’ 2015 National Team, and Hawkins got him a job playing for a European team that Hawkins had previously coached. So they go back a while even though Burke has only been an assistant here for a year.
  • Zander
    Him being a Colfax grad jumped out at me the most honestly, could be helpful to have someone connected to the smaller SJS schools to grab some underrated recruits in our backyard. And if he turns out to be a star then it might help us keep him a little longer, like Troy Taylor and his Folsom connections
  • Riveraggie
    Hawkins answered some questions after the last winter scrimmage
    https://ucdavisaggies.com/news/2023/3/4/football-aggies-conclude-winter-ball-with-saturday-scrimmage.aspx

Hawkins said they focused on fundamentals, and that Mike Cody has been around Plough and Cody Hawkins so he knows how they do things here. I take that to mean they aren’t changing much.
  • fugawe09
    Hawkins said they focused on fundamentals
    If I had nickel for every post game interview in the history of sports that mentioned “fundamentals” or “execution.”
  • Riveraggie
    Yeah but he was comparing to prior years, where he said they had worked on new things more, that they didn’t end up using., It sounded like they didn’t put in much that was new. Which is noteworthy when you change offensive coordinators.
  • NCagalum
    Maybe one of us retired guys can volunteer as a proof reader for the material put up on the web. I sure hope the Aggies break the C of I record mark of 30.9 yards of offense per game!

Under Cody's watch, the Yotes set the school record for total offense in his first season, then broke the record again in 2017. In 2018, his offense average 30.9 yards per game, the most by a C of I team in 65 years.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!