• Toke69
    In the Aggies first conference rematch of the season, UC Davis goes to Bakersfield. In one of our more decisive wins this season, the Ags handled the Roadrunners 67-48, getting 19 points from Kane Milling, who hit 3 of 6 from beyond the 3 point arc. Since then, 8th place CSUB has won only one of five, a squeaker over UCSD. Road games being a challenge, this would be a good win for UCD. As usual the game will be on ESPN+ and since all Ag games are scheduled to be on ESPN+, I'm going to stop mentioning it. (Pretty sure even the tournament games will only be on ESPN+.)
  • DrMike
    Thursday the 26th
  • DrMike
    7:00 tip off. We’re 8 or point favorites. Of course we were 9 point favorites vs Poly and that didn’t follow script. We’re a top offensive team, they’re a good defensive squad. Both teams lacking on the other end of the court. Gotta get this one
  • BlueGoldAg
    Another game in the "must win" category. We have to win the games that we are favored in and then pull a couple of upsets in order to be in contention for the BW title at the end of the season. I'm sure this game will be tougher than expected. Bake is always very athletic and they'll be hungry to upset the Ags on their home court. Away games in the BW are never easy no matter who you are playing. Go Ags!
  • AggieFinn2
    Bakersfield has won every game I have ever seen in person against the Aggies, so I'm not going. You're welcome for me making this sacrifice.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Other BW games tonight:

Irvine at Fullerton
    San Diego at CSUN
    Long Beach at Poly
    Santa Barbara at Hawaii - 9 pm start
  • Toke69
    It's looking like a real dogfight at the top. If Hawai`i beats UCSB in Honolulu tonight and Fullerton holds serve at home against UCI, there will be four 2 loss teams. The Aggies would be only one game back with a win down in Barkersfield (Inside joke. I had a dormmate named Barker form there whom we called Baker from Barkersfield).
  • MTBAggie
    Fullerton up 33-28 at the half.
  • BlueGoldAg
    After a cold start the Aggies heat up and pull away for a 40-22 lead at the half. Pepper led the Ags with 14 points.
  • DrMike
    I have grandkids here so can only follow on live stats. 18 point lead is about what the doctor ordered.

I don’t see many stats for Beasley and it seems like it hasn’t shown on the court much. Stats show 2 minutes played. Anything up?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Beasley left the game early apparently with a knee injury. It happened on defense but I didn't see it and neither did the announcers. I sure hope it isn't serious.
  • Toke69
    Pepper really li tit up near the end hitting 3 long treys near the end of the half, converting a 9 point lead to an 18 point lead. It didn't look so sanguine at the start as the Ags looked like they just woke up from a nap to start the game, trailing 7-2. That's right, UCD outscored the Roadrunners 38- 15 the rest of the half.
  • DrMike
    Wow. Quite a run!

I’d like to see Borba get some minutes and try to get his confidence back
  • BlueGoldAg
    And now Anigwe goes out with an ankle injury...
  • BlueGoldAg
    Ags getting ragged right now but the good news is that Anigwe is back on the floor.
  • DrMike
    looks like he’s struggling from the line, 5-10
  • BlueGoldAg
    Yeah...he doesn't look confident at all at the line...short armed the last 2....
  • Toke69
    At least his ankle seems okay.
  • DrMike
    struggled a bit vs Poly
  • BlueGoldAg
    TY is turning the ball over too often lately...he's got 5 TO's already in this game....
  • Toke69
    Its turned into a pretty sloppy game with the officials becoming a bit over active, which is insonsistent with the first half. Adebayo in double figures!
  • BlueGoldAg
    It's great to see Ade finally making those layups!
  • DrMike
    I believe he’s 11-13 in FGs the past 2 games! Vs Poly he was going up strong with no pump fakes. He was also getting good feeds from the guards
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies win 79-58. Bake had several players out with injuries but they hung right in there with us in the second half. We ended up shooting an impressive an impressive 63% including 47% from downtown but only 18 of 28 from the line. We get to the line a lot but we are still struggling to take advantage of it. I'll take the W but we we'll have to play much better to beat LB on Saturday.
  • Toke69
    A bit disappointing to see the guys let down when they got a 27 point lead. Let the Roadrunners cut the lead in half. I think this is where coach Les does a good job of shaking them up. In a way, this was unfair as CSUB was missing two starters as well as two key backups, about 27 ppg. lost. 6 of their 10 free throw misses were by Anigwe.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Other BW scores tonight:

Fullerton 62 Irvine 61
    Long Beach 70 Poly 52
    San Diego 65 CSUN 57
  • BlueGoldAg
    This win was certainly not as impressive as the score looks considering how depleted Bake was and how let our big lead get cut in half.
  • DrMike
    a lot of that was Anigwe’s 6-12; else we were 12-16 which is respectable. Angiwe had been solid before the last two games. Hope he gets back on track since he’s been getting to the line ALOT
  • BlueGoldAg
    Anigwe does get to the line a lot and does the team as a whole. We could see teams just going ahead and fouling him and sending him to the line in tight games since he's only shooting 57% from the line for the season after tonight's game.
  • BlueGoldAg
    UCSB 36 Hawaii 27 at the half.
  • BlueGoldAg
    UCSB scores on a layup with 1 second to go to beat Hawaii 65-64.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!