• Toke69
    We beat the Mats on the road 62-54, so if the Aggies are at all ready for this game it should be another W. CSUN looks like it will avoid the cellar with their win over Cal Poly, but should not be able to beat UCD in Aggieland. They are capably lead by their two guards, Atin Wright and De'Sean Allen Eikens. Everything says they should be doing better than they are, except for their record.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Our record will be different after our game tonight at Santa Barbara, Toke. We'll either be up one more win or down one more loss. I think we might surprise the Gauchos tonight...
  • Toke69
    Right, I planned to change it later, although I was tempted to make us 8-5, but I didn't want to jinx the guys. I hope you're right.
  • Toke69
    At this point in the season, it's looking like UCI (10-3) and UCSB (11-2) are starting to separate from the rest of the field. UCD is only a game and a half out of third place and it looks like that's the best we'll be able to do the rest of the season.
  • Toke69
    It's not much consolation, but I think the Ags will have two all-league guys in Pepper and Anigwe. Probably too much to assume that Christian will be on the first team, but Pepper should be a strong candidate for Big West MVP.
  • Toke69
    Deleted
  • BlueGoldAg
    Current Big West standings:

1. UC Santa Barbara 11-2 20-4
    2. UC Irvine 10-3 17-8
    3. Hawai'i 9-5 18-8
    3. UC Riverside 9-5 16-10
    3. Long Beach State 9-5 15-11
    6. Cal State Fullerton 8-6 14-12
    7. UC Davis 7-6 14-11
    8. CSU Bakersfield 5-9 9-16
    9. UC San Diego 3-10 8-17
    10. CSUN 3-11 6-19
    11. Cal Poly 1-13 7-19
  • BlueGoldAg
    Other Big West games on Wednesday:

Bakersfield at Poly 7 pm
    Irvine at Santa Barbara 7 pm
    Fullerton at San Diego 7 pm
    Long Beach at Riverside 7 pm
  • DrMike
    With Ty likely to be facing some type of suspension and no timeframe for Beasley’s return, the ‘easy’ CSUN win looks shaky. Now I’m hoping to find a way to 10-10
  • BlueGoldAg
    Unfortunately, the Big West will probably come down hard on everyone they find at fault in this incident in order to set an example. However, if an incident like this involved two Power 5 teams, I'm sure they'd just get a slap on the hand from their conference.
  • DrMike
    Sounds like both will receive automatic one game suspension. Coach gets one from us, but Big West might step in
  • BlueGoldAg
    According to a sensationalized Fox News article entitled, "Big college basketball brawl between rival teams leads to suspension," both players have been given a one game suspension by the Big West Conference. The Fox News title is way over the top but, then again, it is Fox News after all.

Kelly and Johnson will both serve an automatic one-game suspension, according to the Big West Conference.

"As we continually review with our membership, unsportsmanlike and unprofessional conduct is not acceptable and will not be tolerated," said Big West Commissioner Dan Butterly. "The health and safety of our student-athletes, coaches, officials, staff and fans is always a top priority in The Big West."

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/big-college-basketball-brawl-between-rival-teams-leads-suspensions
  • Toke69
    Seems unfair to me because Ty was the victim and was simply defending himself, but then I am biased.
  • DrMike
    when the two of them went to the ground and the rasslin' starts, it didn't really matter who might have instigated it. he got into UCSB's grill pretty agressively, else it might not have escalated as quickly as it did.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I'm not sure the refs even saw the saw the shove that knocked TY to floor when it actually happened until they reviewed everything at the monitor. If the refs had seen Kelly's flagrant foul and TY didn't react, they would tossed Kelly and TY would have been shooting technical foul shots. Pretty hard not to react when you get leveled like TY did though.
  • DrMike
    Fanduel lists us as 12 point favorites. Considering who is or may be sitting, I think I’d take the points!
  • DrMike
    I’m hoping we prep for some exotic (box and one) designed to stop Pepper. That would be my strategy as a CSUN coach
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I agree with you on both points. Any win tonight would be a good one. I'm hoping that with DeBruhl getting a lot of court time at point, we see better ball movement on offense. Sometimes the ball will stop with TY as he tries to make something happen (and often times he does, so I'm not complaining). It sure would be nice to get Beasley back...
  • Toke69
    I guess that Ty has yet to be suspended and will play tonight? It seems like part of his behavior recently has been due to his own frustration at not playing well in the last 2-3 games. I hope he channels that energy into playing better instead of baiting the other team.
  • DrMike
    I thought it was an NCAA automatic rule after ejection
  • Toke69
    You're right. I just looked it up.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Vegas has us as 11.5 point favorites tonight. I think thanks overly generous since we will be without TY and possibly Beasley as well.
  • agalum
    Getting ready to leave for the game. We’re going to need some good bench time tonight considering the contributors we’re going to be missing. Go Ags!
  • DrMike
    see you there in our normal perch!
  • DrMike
    Beasley not suited up
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Too bad, but not surprising.
  • DrMike
    must be pretty bad.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Very sparse crowd. I Hope don’t let that affect us.
  • Toke69
    Somebody suggest a box and one, not on Pepper but the Ags on Wright. Between him and the sloppy passing by the Aggies, this game is a lot closer than it could be/should be. Coach Les said that he needs to "introduce" Wright to his team so they know how to find him.
  • DrMike
    82% of their points! I don’t see anyone else who can score for them
  • Toke69
    DeBruhl needs to look to score. He only attempted one shot in the first half. Hardly replacing what we lost with Ty.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!