• DrMike
    And they get an offensive rebound. Damn
  • agalum
    That uci offensive rebound killed us
  • agalum
    Well, good effort. We could have won that.
  • DrMike
    yep. Left us too little clock
  • Toke69
    Heartbreak. No moral victories here, but they guys played well in the second half.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Proud team effort after a lackluster first half that's for sure.

I loved those confident 3's from both Leo and Christian. We need that kind of offensive support for Pepper who's going to continue to draw a crowd every time he touches the ball. Christian had 5 blocks also...wow!

I listened to Les in the post-game interview. He said he was proud with how hard the Ags kept fighting and their resiliency. He also acknowledged how Pepper keeps finding a way to score despite teams concentrating on stopping him. He said that Pepper is getting bumped and grabbed a lot and he would like to see him get the respect he deserves and get the fouls called when he's getting grabbed and pushed around.

Irvine is a solid basketball team on both ends of the floor and they've got plenty of depth. Their ball movement, especially in the first half, was outstanding and their interior passing is excellent. I think they are the best team in the league overall.
  • Toke69
    This was a very poorly officiated game. Lots of non-calls when there were clear infractions and calls when there was nothing there. At least (unlike the Super Bowl) none of them affected the final outcome as the refs made bad calls both ways and none at the end.

I feel bad for the team. This was their third loss by one lousy possession. Three plays made the difference versus UCR, the Beach and today. We could have been 11-4 and in second place. I know--what's done is done. Gotta move forward and hope that they can get healthy and win the tournament somehow. I agree that they don't have the talent some other teams do, but no other team has this much heart.
  • DrMike
    I can’t see us getting into the top 6 looking at the schedules of the teams above. We’d have to go 4-1 and get an upset or two
  • Toke69
    The Fullerton and Long Beach games will be critical, but they can't let down against Cal Poly or UCSD.
  • DrMike
    Looks to me like catching LB is our only chance. Every one ahead of us has 2 easy games, Fullerton too big a lead. Not sure what tiebreaker might be if we split with LB and end up tie
  • BlueGoldAg
    Other Big West final scores today:

Hawaii 70 Long Beach 67 (LB barely misses a half court shot at the buzzer)
    Riverside 74 Santa Barbara 63 (First time ever that Riverside has swept SB)
    Fullerton 83 Poly 62
    San Diego 75 CSUN 62
  • movielover
    They played 12, we played 8, 6 actively. Fourth loss by 2 points.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!