• Oldbanduhalum
    It’s the last home game of the year. And if we were hoping that Svanholm would be back next year, she’s listed with Sussman, Jones and Sanders as their last game at home.

• BlueGoldAg
    Great start for the Ags. 21-7 at the end of the first quarter.
  • Russ Bowlus
    I am sure there are other teams that do this, but I really like Jen's tradition of starting the seniors.
  • Russ Bowlus
    43-15 Aggies at half. Sabel continuing her hot streak with 17 points already.
  • Russ Bowlus
    58-36 after three.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Epps has some really nifty paint moves.
  • Russ Bowlus
    It's a good thing the Aggies have been up 20+, because SLO's press is killing them.
  • Russ Bowlus
    70-65 final.

Sabel the leading scorer (17) ahead of Norris (14) and Sussman (ditto).
    Rebounds spread all over the team, but interestingly, two guards each with 6.
    Turner the leading assister (5)--it's nice that when she's cold, she can and will do other things on the court.

17 turnovers, 9 or so in the last 10 minutes, I'd guess.
  • abridge
    Sabel has been amazing over the past few games. She has a shot that isn't quite a hook, isn't really a jumper - I don't know how to categorize it. But she often sinks it. And her shot seems to start very low. Clearly she is becoming confident in all phases of her game. When Jen "goes small" she'll step into the center spot. I could get to like the fluidity of the small lineup.
  • G-Man
    The small lineup has been effective. What wbb needs to figure out is how to beat the press.. our athleticism in many situations is not the strength of this team.. I am sure the coaching staff addresses this often with team. In our past we did the ‘buzz’.. not convinced this team has the athletes to do this.. what wbb does well is 3’s but the post play has performed at a minimal level…so inside out game becomes one demensional.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Yeah, post play will be...interesting, given that the other two posts on the team just graduated. I think Norris will develop, but there's no one to back her up, really.

I do think the athleticism is there for competent press-break, just gotta drill and redrill and redrill the technique into the current team.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!