• AggieFinn2
    I had wondered why Kaden Hogan's name sounded familiar when I saw it on the roster. I actually saw him play in 2019 when Long Beach State played the Aggies in Davis. Hogan was the third baseman for the Dirtbags that day. It's pretty rare that I see a player BEFORE they come to UCD, much less one who transfers and plays a completely different position when he gets there. I don't think he had even pitched collegiately before this year. And here he is now beating UCLA. Quite an accomplishment for him and for Coach Thornton.
  • movielover
    So baseball finished 17-37, and unfortunately lost its last 11 games. Solid turnaround from the 6-35 season.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Bob Dunning makes his case for the Big West to have a post-season Baseball Tournament:

It’s about time for the Big West Conference to join the crowd and sponsor a conference tournament at the end of the baseball season.

The Big West already has a conference tournament in basketball, for both men and women, with the winners advancing to the NCAA tournament. The same should happen in baseball.

Whole article here: https://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/bob-dunning-time-for-big-west-conference-to-join-the-crowd/
  • AggieFinn2
    They're already doing a Big West Baseball tournament starting in 2025. Not that this is helpful to UCD because it's going to be the top 5 teams only. This will mean that baseball's season will start ending a week earlier without major improvement.

https://ucdavisaggies.com/news/2023/6/14/athletics-big-west-board-of-directors-approves-new-initiatives-at-annual-spring-meeting.aspx
  • 69aggie
    BW CEOs announce that baseball will get a playoff tournament next year. Adds mens and woman’s swimming as new BW sports. We dropped MS years ago. Kept WS. Wonder if Rocko can find a way to add back MS and comply with TIX. Probably doubtful? Or he could add back woman’s rowing too and that might fix the problem. Again doubtful. I always thought the dropping of rowing was a shameful decision as we consistently had very strong rowing teams. But money rules the day as they say.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I'd love to see rowing and men's swimming back again.
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!