• Toke69
    Winner becomes the 6th seed in the Big West Tournament next week. With a W over the Beach in Long Beach and playing as well as they have all season, the Aggies should win. What more needs to be said?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Both teams are playing for the 6 seed so it will be a dogfight. LB presents some tough matchups for us. They like to get out and run and don't mind if the game turns into into a track meet.

They are also very athletic and long and they pound the ball inside the paint for easy buckets and dunks and they often get a lot of second chance points. They can be undisciplined on defense so we need to take advantage of that when they make defensive mistakes.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Current Big West standings:

1. UC Santa Barbara 14-5 23-7
    2. UC Irvine 13-5 20-10
    2. UC Riverside 13-5 20-10
    4. Hawai'i 13-6 22-9
    5. Cal State Fullerton 12-6 18-12
    6. Long Beach State 11-8 17-14
    7. UC Davis 10-8 17-13
    8. CSU Bakersfield 6-13 10-20
    9. UC San Diego 5-13 10-20
    10. CSUN 4-16 7-24
    11. Cal Poly 1-17 7-23
  • BlueGoldAg
    Other Big West games on Saturday:

Bakersfield at Irvine 6 pm
    Hawaii at Santa Barbara 6 pm
    Riverside at Poly 6 pm
    San Diego at Fullerton Cancelled - due to Covid protocol within the SD team.
  • Toke69
    If UCD does get the 6 seed, who would we want to play at the 3 seed? I haven't done the math, but it seems like it could be UCI, UCR, UCSB or Hawai`i. The only one of those teams we've beaten is Hawai`i, so I'd go with that.
  • DrMike
    Love to see TY get a few buckets early to get himself going. Since the ejection, he’s scored 8, 0, 12 (8 FTs) and 13 (7 FTs). He had 6 assists last night. He had some nice drives last night that rolled out.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Yes, it seems like that whole unfortunate situation at SB set TY back a bit. He has shown that he has the talent to be a great player and Les certainly believes in him. He passed up a couple of open looks that I thought he should have taken against SB and he seems to be looking more to set up his teammates. 6 assists is great.

Not sure what that double technical he and a SB player got.
  • DrMike
    neither did either of the two players! They were looking at each other with puzzled looks trying to explain themselves. I wonder if the refs were on high alert after the fight and overreacted
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think you're right about the refs being on high alert. My guess is that TY and the SB players may have vocally "complemented" each and the ref heard it thought he needed to nip it in the bud. Both players couldn't believe it.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Vegas has us at 3.5 point favorites with an over/under of 156.5. I expect this will be a hard fought game that will probably go down to the wire.

Last home game for Christian Anigwe and Patrick Lambey. I hope the rain doesn't discourage too many fans to stay home and that the students show up again. I would be great if we have a good, loud crowd today.
  • DrMike
    I have to miss; opening day of baseball and softball for grandkids and the rain isn’t coming fast enough to get a cancellation,
  • BlueGoldAg
    Well that's too bad, Mike. It's raining here in Sacramento right now.
  • DrMike
    it’s just starting now…..too late to get up there before 1:30 at best!
  • agalum
    cwl3mpr1qjrntbjk.jpeg
    Scored at the gear sale today.
  • Toke69
    Pepper scoreless, but Anigwe taking up the slack with 11. Ty looking good except for one blown dunk.
  • agalum

Yeah they’re double teaming him and putting a lot of pressure on him
  • DrMike
    they’re very physical with pepper away from the ball. Not letting getting around on that low screen along baseline.

And hits from the logo
  • DrMike
    Good first half up 39-29
  • BlueGoldAg
    39-29 Aggies at the half. Solid half of basketball for the Ags! Good crowd again too.
  • DrMike
    4 turnovers to start the half, up 9 cuz the beach is sloppy too
  • Toke69
    The Beach is 3rd in the nation in rebounds per game, behind only UAB and Alabama, but Ags were out-rebounding them at the half 22-17!
  • DrMike
    Horrible first 8 minutes. Sloppy. Turnovers. Bad shots. Look tired. Haven’t scored in 5 minutes. 45-41 at the 12 minute mark. Beach has all the momentum
  • Toke69
    Ags slumping all of a sudden. They gotta pick it back up.
  • Toke69
    Looks like they got a Pepper-Upper
  • DrMike
    Down 53-51 with 7:30 to go after a beach 10-0 run. They’re imposing their will
  • DrMike
    Wow. 18-1 run down 10. We can’t hit anything and we’ve lost our poise. Disappointing .

39 first half points…….12 in the second
  • Toke69
    If only
  • BlueGoldAg
    OT…I’m too old for this!!
  • DrMike
    Wow…..on to OT. Memories of Poly game
  • Toke69
    If only one of the Ags shots had fallen earlier, but I'll take OT. Both Traores have 4 fouls.
  • DrMike
    How about double OT? Shocked with Long Beach’s last shot
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!