• Toke69
    The Big West Tournament will run from March 7-11 in Henderson, Nevada. Here's what has been posted preliminary to the final seedings: https://bigwest.org/sports/2022/8/18/2023-big-west-basketball-championships.aspx
    UC Davis will be playing UC Riverside on Wednesday, March 8 at 8:30 pm. Just about any team is capable of winning the tournament, although I wouldn't bet on any of the play-in schools.
  • BlueGoldAg
    CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO ENLARGE:

0d1kco7pksl4jkjw.png
  • Toke69
    I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Cal Poly upsets Long Beach, who will still be reeling from their loss to the Aggies. Also, the Mustangs are a lot better than their 1-18 record indicates.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Wouldn’t surprise me. Getting into the top 6 was a big deal
  • abridge
    Cal Poly needs a Ted Lasso BELIEVE sign because they sure find ways to auger in during the last minutes of a game. They are a very very competitive team. The Beach can't take them for granted that's for sure. I don't think any of the men's teams can be taken for granted.

I wish the championship was still in SoCal. Las Vegas/Henderson holds no attraction to me.
  • eastbayaggie
    I love Vegas. l don't want to have any Southern California teams having any home team advantage - especially when they schedule playoff games in prime time so that even more of their fans would show up.
  • DrMike
    I’m kicking myself for not grabbing free tournament passes they offered to team Aggie members. Could have flown in Thursday out Saturday night. I was on the fence because I feared we’d get a Tuesday slot.
  • abridge
    What I'll miss most by not going to Henderson: the Hawai'i band. They are fantastic.
  • DrMike
    Riverside has been streaky. They were 7-1 after beating us in the last seconds, followed that up with a 2-4 stretch but closed strong winning 5 of 6. Real challenge for our defense.
  • ucdboyd
    Wall to wall college basketball choices in Vegas right now. We fly in tomorrow, and will see St Mary's if they make the WCC finals Tuesday night. Early round Pac12 games Wednesday. Aggies on Thursday, then depending on the results- Aggies, Pac 12 or Mountain West games on Friday. Fly out Saturday. Jr and I want to see how many games we can squeeze in, the wife has other ideas- ha.
  • DrMike
    if anyone is interested in former Ags, Montana State with Caleb Fuller is on ESPN2 in the Big Sky semifinal. averaging about 24 minutes a game, 7 points, 3 rebounds. very solid contributor to the 2nd place Bobcats. I really enjoyed his time at Davis -> glad he found a good landing spot for his graduate season.
  • Toke69
    It's a shame that Pepper was not the player of the year, but it's hard t give that award to a player on a 6th place team, whereas UCSB's Mitchell played for the 1st place team and was deserving of the honor. Also, thought Anigwe should have been on the second team. I wonder why they pick 6 players for the first team and only 5 for the second.
    https://bigwest.org/news/2023/3/6/the-big-west-unveils-2022-23-mens-basketball-all-conference-team-major-awards-and-specialty-awards.aspx
  • BlueGoldAg
    #8 Bakersfield 51 #9 CSUN 47 - Bakersfield moves on to play #1 Irvine on Thursday at 12 noon.
  • MTBAggie
    Caly Poly up 58-48 with 10:30 remainimg.
  • cmt
    LOL. Nailed it. Team that was 1-18 in conference not only beats an 11-9 team but wins by 20. Makes total sense.
  • BlueGoldAg
    #10 Cal Poly 88 #7 Long Beach 68 - Poly moves on to play #2 Santa Barbara at 6 pm Thursday.

Poly had lost 18 straight conference games until tonight. I think LB was probably a very tired team after traveling to Bakersfield on Thursday, then Davis on Saturday in a double OT game, then back home before going to Vegas for tonight's game.
  • Toke69
    Gauchos need to be on alert and I think they'll be ready so Cal Poly probably loses on Thursday.
  • abridge
    Thanks for posting those! I really appreciate your sharing those clips.
  • Toke69
    For what it's worth, Southeast Missouri State, whom the Aggies beat back in Milwaukee last November won the Ohio Valley Conference tournament and is one of the 10 schools which have clinched a berth in the NCAA tournament. They are one of 4 schools who have qualified and who have a lower NCAA Net Rating than UCD, 144. SEMO St., 244
  • eastbayaggie
    I guess that means if UC Davis wins the Big West tournament, then UCD will not likely play in the play-in game.
  • DrMike
    Fanduel has UCR as 1/2 point favorite. That’s a little surprising since they beat us twice (close games) and that they’ve been on a roll of late
  • DrMike
    Fanduel has UCR as 1/2 point favorite. That’s a little surprising since they beat us twice (close games) and that they’ve been on a roll of late.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Current Vegas lines for today's games:

Irvine is favored by 10.5 points over Bakersfield with an over/under of 128.5
    Hawaii is a 1/2 point favorite over Fullerton with an over/under of 126.5
    Santa Barbara is a 10.5 point favorite over Cal Poly with an over/under of 125.5
    Riverside is a 1.5 point favorite over the Aggies with an over/under of 145.5
  • abridge
    I'm seeing a lot of breakup from the ESPN+ feed. Today worse than yesterday. Anyone else experiencing this?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Yes, I'm getting it as well and it is worse than yesterday. ESPN obviously hasn't taken care of the problem.
  • Toke69
    #1 seed UC Irvine rolls over CSU Bakersfield 75-51, more than doubling the spread.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!