• Toke69
    The bad news is that we lost to UCR twice this season. The good news is that both games were close. Conventional wisdom holds that it is hard to beat a team three times in one season. Common sense suggests that a team that has lost twice will lose three times, but this is the Big West Tournament and the closeness of the previous two games means that UC Davis has more than a puncher's chance. In the loss to the Highlanders at Riverside, Eli Pepper carried the team scoring 32 points while the rest of the team scored 33. Ty Johnson, Christian Anigwe and Kane Milling need to step up in this one. It wouldn't hurt if Robby Beasley, who was out at UCR, could contribute as well. In tournament time, they say that guard play is the key and is Ty is back to his earlier form this game will certainly illustrate that with Pepper and Johnson facing off against Zyon Pullin and Flynn Cameron. This game will be on ESPN+, but if the Aggies can get to the semifinals it will be on ESPNU.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Toke, the game is on Thursday not Wednesday.
  • DrMike
    Fanduel has UCR as 1/2 point favorite. That’s a little surprising since they beat us twice (close games) and that they’ve been on a roll of late.
  • Toke69
    I'm not going to be able to watch live, since the game runs right through our dinner time, but I'll catch it about an hour later.
  • BlueGoldAg
    It might be worth it to have something to eat while watching the game, Toke. I always think watching games live is much more exciting. We eat while watching games all the time.
  • Toke69
    Your wife/family must be sports fans. Mine isn't. :-)
  • BlueGoldAg
    Yes, we're both fans of the Aggies, Michigan, Indiana, the Giants, 49ers, Warriors and the Kings.
  • agalum

My wife and I are retired with just the two of us in the house. Its rare that we actually sit down at the dinner table unless we have company. Watching a game while eating is standard practice, lol.
  • BlueGoldAg
    We're in the same boat!
  • DrMike
    Not off to a great start. 3 TOS some air balls. And lousy video. Down 8-6 after 5
  • eastbayaggie
    So how lousy is your video feed? I had to refresh it once before the game started. I hadn't had a problem since. *knocks on wood*
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Ags are totally out of sync. 9 TO's already and only 11 points. Ugly so far....
  • DrMike
    9 turnovers, 30% shooting and 0-6 from 3. Down 20-11 with about 5 to go. Lazy passing against a good defensive team won’t cut it.

We were look out of sync
  • lucche
    My video is good so far on dirctv
  • MTBAggie
    Just turned the game on. Video feed is terrible, almost as bad as the announcers.
  • SoCalAggie
    This is probably the worst we have played all year. Horrible.
  • DrMike
    But only down 28-24 at half. Defense and FTs keeping us in it. We have to protect the ball and hit some 3s
  • BlueGoldAg
    12 TO's! That's killing us.

I hope TY keeps his cool. I noticed that a Fullerton fan was giving him an earful as TY was walking off the court and it looked like TY mouthed something to him.
  • agalum

Directv? What channel?
  • Toke69
    Caught up before the second half started. Ags lucky to be down by only 4 given their poor shooting and sloppy passing. The only good thing is the way the team is rebounding. We have a real shot at winning this thing if they can clean it up inthe last 20 minutes.
  • DrMike
    My wife is ticked that the cheerleaders made the trip despite never showing up for home games.
  • agalum
    We seem to be a second half team. And Les seems to make good adjustments at half. Only down 4 with all those turnovers is lucky.
  • agalum

I have directv but have to stream espn+ off my firebox.
  • SoCalAggie
    TY missing that open lay up is brutal
  • SoCalAggie
    Horrible basketball. The worst we have played all year
  • Toke69
    Ags still haven't cleaned it up. They have to take advantage of Pullin being out and having 3 fouls. His fade-away mid-range jump shot is just about unstoppable.
  • SoCalAggie
    I want anigwe back in and more inside out ball. Right now we are stuck at the perimeter or driving and forcing horrible shots
  • agalum
    Might help if we were hitting 3s
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!