• agalum
    Wow, he was a good one for slac. Their AD sure seems to find sleepers.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Their AD sure seems to find sleepers.agalum

They've had great success with Taylor in football and Campbell in women's basketball that's for sure. The problem is that they can't keep their most successful coaches. Fortunately, we don't seem to have that problem.
  • AggieFinn2
    I would've been interested to see how Campbell would have done outside of the COVID-19 environment. In both of his seasons he had an extremely key starting player who had already played 4 years elsewhere (Tillman and Dean) but had that extra COVID-19 year. I look at that types of player as a ringer. Of course UCD had 1 too this year, although she didn't have the same kind of impact.. Will be nice when there are no more COVID kids and the Mikey Henns of the NCAA have to just grow up already and either be in graduate school without playing or get a job.
  • 69aggie
    Campbell was one hell of a recruiter. In two years He stocked his team with a lot of transfers, foreign players and out of state recruits and turned a three win team into a playoff contender. And that’s saying something given that sac state is not exactly a dream place for an elite basketball player. So how he did this is quite amazing. We know that hornets boosters provided the extra money to entice one football coach to sign on to the hornets staff, could they be giving out NIL money to players now? I really doubt that this is the case. But, I think that if the boosters are totally separate from the university they can do this legally. And i don’t think that an NIL deal has to be publicized or put on record as it’s considered an athlete’s personal and private matter. Still, many athletes choose to announce their NIL. Consider the Cavinder Twins (Fresno State transfers to Miami) On3 tracker values their NIL at$851K!) So congrats to Campbell for the new TCU job he certainly earned it and if he had some NIL money assistance he is just playing by the new NIL rules. Do any Aggie athletes get NIL money? Doubt we will ever see it or know it.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!