• AggieFinn2
    How much is it if you want to tailgate and not attend the game-do they offer a no game package ?

Not a serious question. Please do not research this.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Some interesting, historical information about the Oregon State game from Bob Dunning:

The once-meager Beavers were 10-3 a year ago, including an impressive 30-3 Las Vegas Bowl win over SEC opponent Florida.

Win or lose, the Beaver brass will fork over a cool $635,000 to UCD officials, who will take a special briefcase to Corvallis to bring the cash home.

While hosting other Big Sky opponents in recent years, Oregon State paid Montana State $675,000 in 2022, Idaho $675,000 in 2021 and Cal Poly $600,000 in 2019. The Beavers beat Montana State, 68-28, Idaho, 42-0, and Cal Poly, 45-7. The Montana State game was played in Portland while OSU’s stadium was being upgraded.

The Aggie-Oregon State battle will be the first game played in the beautifully refurbished Reser Stadium, which is certain to be sold out. (A few tickets are currently available at the UC Davis box office.)

If anyone tells you they remember watching the Aggies play Oregon State, it might be time to raise a wary eyebrow.

Then again, my dad, who passed away in 1987, told me on several occasions that he remembered his alma mater, Oregon State, playing the Aggies in Corvallis in 1927 and 1928 during his first two years as an undergraduate at what was then known as Oregon Agricultural College. Since UCD started out as the University Farm, these were battles between future farmers.

Oregon State is actually 4-0 against the Aggies in a series that ran every year from 1927-30. In order, Oregon State won by scores of 25-6, 14-0, 19-0 and 20-0.

https://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/bob-dunning-win-win-for-ucd-fcs-schools/
  • 72Aggie
    Had a connection with a Pac-12 team about twenty years ago. (Maybe the Pac-10 then??) In any event we went to the OSU game and the team we were following stayed in Eugene.
  • AggieFinn
    I was in Eugene/Corvallis a couple weeks ago for my niece's USATF track meet at Hayward Field --- Corvallis reminds me a bit of Davis.
  • 72Aggie
    I thought the same thing....reminded me of Davis. Also reminded me of my hometown, Iowa City, IA....College towns in a rural setting, not much else going on other than the college.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Moscow ID is basically Davis with snow. The downtown looks identical to Davis. I've heard Corvallis is one of the best college towns in the country. I'd love to visit sometime.
  • AggieFinn

Corvallis is also a half hour closer to the Portland area, which of course, isn't what it used to be. Rose City has really gone downhill since I was a kid...still rabid Timbers supporters though, just sucks that downtown is ravaged by various issues.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!