• AggieFinn2
    Ah yes, I remember now. I never have to Google directions there so it's just that building you can see from the baseball field which used to be Rec Hall. Thank you for the reminder. That's not a whole lot better, still pretty generic. If I'm not mistaken Saint Mary's College's arena has almost the same name. They opted for Pavilion.
  • AggieFinn2
    I think UC Davis spreads itself too thin financially by having so many sports programs. Fewer programs but do them all well. The problem is (and I'm sure the university has run into this wall before when faced with budget cuts) how you would even begin to scale it back. You can't really cut a women's sport without cutting multiple men'sports, and there are already significantly fewer men's sports. You could cut football but what would the point be in that ?
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Another reason they won't go to the MWC if an option arose. You'd have to add 22 schollies and add womens teams. They got really lucky with Equestrian but remember they did an audit and found they were out of compliance with Title IX.
  • movielover
    My understanding is bc we independently decided to meet more 'prongs' of Title IX when only one is needed.
  • Jackbacker2
    The move to the FBS is not easy. Here is the link for any that are interested.
    http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/AMA/Division%20I%20Forms/2010-11%20FBS%20Forms/Football%20Bowl%20Subqa%2012%208%2010.pdf

As I read it you must make changes to Aggie stadium and then prove that you can average 15,000 paid spectators. This will not be easy and expensive. I just do NOT see a plan that Chancellor May would approve of.
  • 69aggie
    Given the current state of affairs in the FBS what university (out side of the Deep South) would want to go there? Frankly I wonder if college football as we now know it will even be around in a few years.
  • 69aggie
    Sorry to follow, but i just saw that the buckhorn restaurant which was and is for me a favored place at the famers market in davis and obviously is the only place to go in winters is now a sponsored company for sac state. I simply cannot understand this.
  • dlmusgrove
    There are several locations throughout the Sacramento region. They're called Buckhorn BBQ + Grill, except for the Winters location.

https://buckhorngrill.com/faqs/
  • AggieFinn2
    As far as I can tell from their website Buckhorn Grill is not that well-represented in Sacramento (only 2 locations). They used to have another in Downtown/Midtown but restaurants in that area have a really tough time surviving. It's Newton's fault lol.
  • movielover
    The laws of motion do that.
  • 69aggie
    Buckhorn used to have the best looking Russian women with kids behind the space doing the sales. At the park. She was awesome. I think davis has a substantial Russian population with all the academic people too.),
  • Davisbear
    Is there even a facilities plan? Is the baseball team trying to fundraise for lights? I would go to a lot more games if they had lights. Seems like a lot of the facilities are tired and could use a refresh. The lack of locker rooms must hurt recruiting. Now that the new athletics building is done, hopefully the other sports facilities will get some attention
  • movielover
    I believe Warzecka, then Tumey, then Gould all studied it. Lights have always been a need.

The Athletic Performance building is huge and helps all sports! UC Health Stadium had minor tweaks last year and is great.

My main complaint is seriously understaffed concessions, and it could use some benches for seating between parking and the bowl.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!