• Toke69
    Anyone else noticing how a Big West guy is playing very well for the Miami Heat. If they win an NBA title, will he be the first former Big West player to get a ring? I don't think so. Remember that UNLV was once in the Big West. I can't believe that someone on that team wasn't on an NBA champ, but I haven't done the research.
  • DrMike
    i know former Gaucho Brian Shaw has 3 rings with the Lakers.
  • Toke69
    Having done a little research, I also found out that Bob Gross was a player for the Beach before winning a title with the Portland Trailblazers. Another former previously 49er was Craig Hodges who rode the bench behind Jordan. et al. Plus Scott Brooks was at UCI and won an NBA championship with Houston in 1998. There are probably more going back to when the Big West was the Pacific Coast Athletic Conference and had the likes of San Diego State, Pacific and Nevada as well as UNLV.
  • Toke69
    In case you missed it, Gabe Vincent lead Miami to a game 3 blowout of the Celtics by not only starting at point guard, but leading the Heat with 29 points. He made 6 of 9 treys, grabbed 2 rebounds and made 3 assists. Not bad for an undrafted Gaucho, who is very likely going to be in the NBA finals.
  • 72Aggie
    TV folks have to be cringing as the chances of a Celtics vs Lakers finals are rapidly going down the drain.
  • Toke69
    No Lakers, no Celtics, but a former Big West player in the NBA Finals!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!