• BlueGoldAg
    The Ags are off to an impressive 2-0 start with wins over Dayton and Ohio State on the road to win the Wolstein Classic. Next up will be Seattle at 3 pm on Sunday, September 2.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies lost a crazy game today to Seattle 3-2 and fall to 2-1 on the year. Despite playing down a man for most of the second half, Seattle scored in the winning goal in the 86th minute when the Aggie keeper went way out of the box to try and make a stop but failed to get to the ball and the Seattle player rolled an easy shot into the wide open net. Seattle also scored on an Aggie own goal in the 74th minute. Tough way to lose. The Ags now head to Loyola Marymount for a 7 pm game on Wednesday, 9/6.
  • MTBAggie
    USF coverage is aweful. And I keep reminding my wife (USF alum) how much better the Davis coverage was.
  • MTBAggie
    Davis just tied it up 2-2 on a penalty kick in the 83rd minute!
  • MTBAggie
    Final score 2-2.
  • BlueGoldAg
    That's a nice comeback for the Aggies against a pretty good soccer team. USF was coming off a 3-0 win over Cal and are now 4-1-2 on the season. The Ags are 2-2-2 now with St Mary's up next at 4 pm on Sunday.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies dominated play against St Mary's today but lost the game 1-0. The Ags outshot the Gaels 19-6 but couldn't find the back of the net.

San Jose State comes to Davis next Sunday for a 4 pm match which will finish the out-of-conference schedule for the Aggies who are now 2-3-2 for the season.
  • MTBAggie
    Ags take down SJSU 3-0.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies opened conference play with a 1-0 win over Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Fullerton edged the Aggies 1-0 today in a game where the Ags had 18 shots on goal to only 7 by the Titans and had 12 corners to only 3 for Fullerton. Unfortunately, the Aggies couldn't find the back of the net and Fullerton did.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Ags lost to Santa Barbara last night 2-1 in front of a record breaking crowd of 2006 fans in Aggie stadium. The Aggies are now 1-2 in conference play and 4-5-2 overall.
  • Jackbacker2
    Good crowd last night. I know that most of the players on both sides have spent a good chunk of pre-college days playing on turf, both sides seemed to have trouble with how fast turf played compared to grass. I felt as if the Age had a bit more trouble on some key plays during the game. But as they say it was the same surface for both sides. In the end close game, wish more shots were taken on frame as fan from both sides. I feel as if the Ags are going to make the conference tourney and could do very well.
  • AggieFinn2
    Yes, it was a really good crowd, mostly students it seemed, and they were really into the game. With a crowd double the capacity of Aggie Soccer Field I wonder if they won't start making Wed home games all stadium games next year, or at least the weeks where the football team is on the road.
  • Jackbacker2
    Talking to players in 2018-19 they told me how hard the turf was on their body. At least 2 of them had suffered knee injuries playing club when they were in high school on turf. Not sure what the stress or the injury rate of playing on turf is compared to grass. Playing at night allows working folks a chance to get to a week-day game.
  • movielover
    Isn't Aggie Stadium newer, higher quality turf?
  • Jackbacker2
    Movie lover-
    Yes the stadium has new turf.

Butt as I understand it turf has 2 issues for soccer players First the ball plays so much faster than regular grass and this affects the game. Second is the amount of running that the players will do in a game. Football players run from 1-1.5 in the game. In soccer the run between 5 to 7 in regulation. With a high percentage of games going into overtime you can tack on 1 to 2.5 miles more. This running takes a toll on the soccer players.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Ags beat Irvine today 1-0 and are now 2-2-0 in conference play.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies scored first but CSUN evened the game in the second half and the game ended 1-1 tie. The Ags are now 2-2-1 in the conference and 5-5-3 overall.
  • AggieFinn2
    If college baseball games could end in ties like soccer imagine how many losses UCD baseball could avert each season, to say nothing of how this could save pitchers'arms. Soccer has it right. Who goes home mad after a tie ?
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Ags lost to Riverside 3-0 on Saturday beat Bakersfield today 2-0 and are now 3-3-1 in conference play and 6-6-3 overall.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies beat UC San Diego 2-1 on the road and now stand at 4-3-1 in the conference and 7-6-3 the season. The Ags will play their final regular season game on Saturday, October 28, at 7 pm when they host Sac State in the Causeway match.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies ended the regular season on a sour note by losing to Sac State 1-0 at home. The Ags will now play there first game of the Big West Tournament against Cal Poly next Wednesday, November 1st at 3 pm in Davis.
  • 72Aggie
    Not a great day, or weekend, for the Ags. Other than some success at the Big West Cross Country Championship there were a lot of ā€œLā€™sā€ on the scoreboards.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The #4 seeded Aggies scored in the 80th minute today to beat #5 Cal Poly 1-0 in the first round of the Big West Soccer Tournament. The Ags now move on to play #1 Fullerton on Saturday the semi-finals round. Go Ags!
  • MTBAggie
    Ags up 1-0 in the 49th minute!
  • MTBAggie
    You have to be kidding me, Davis gives away an own goal with 18 seconds left to tie it up.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Damn...it was an own goal by the Aggies...
  • MTBAggie
    Davis GOOOOOOAAAAALLLLL!!!!!
  • MTBAggie
    New rules mean you have to play the full 20 minutes of OT.
  • MTBAggie
    Ags win 2-1 in OT! Up next, Irvine next Saturday.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!