• Toke69
    I just hope we can avoid a shutout at this point. Hard to believe that UC Davis is ahead in time of possession. 16:29 to 13:01. Just shows how fast the Beavers can score.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Halftime stats:
    Total yards: OSU 251 Aggies 63
    Hastings: 6-12 and 1 INT for 21 yards
    Larison: 14 rushes for 56 yards
  • movielover
    Aggie announcers several times state Larison has the best arm on the team, and suggest trying him at QB. No Chukwudobe, Babbs or Gale.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Nicest stadium in the Mountain West! ;)
  • movielover
    Connors (6), Shamburger (5) (Soph), Budgett (4) and Verner (3) lead in tackles.
  • agalum
    Lets keep this butt kicking in perspective. We’re playing one of the best teams in the country. Even Stanford is struggling tonight. 0-28 early in the second.
  • SoCalAggie
    I don’t have faith in Hastings like I did with Jake
  • agalum
    Helmet to helmet on Simpson, no targeting?
  • agalum
    Harper looks pretty good.
  • SoCalAggie
    I’m ready to run with Harper!
  • Toke69
    At least we scored. Small victory.
  • 88Aggie
    Well Harper threw an awful interception last game and is likely playing Oregon St 3rd stringers tonight. But someone needs to step up at QB who can do the short 5 yard passes that Hastings does well but also a deep threat to spread out the better defenses.
  • SoCalAggie
    Harper throws tonight have his receivers a chance every-time. Impressed with his accuracy against any stringers.
  • movielover
    Ditto. Respect his game mgmt, but last year no medium or long routes hurt us.

Hopefully no injuries. Did Fisher or Chukwudobe's (5 yd) runs look solid? I'd like to see if Chukwudobe can catch the ball.

Chancellor May made interesting comments about looking at OSU and UO athletic facilities. Campus reaching and exceeding (?) our $2B fundraising goal.
  • CA Forever
    I was attending a wedding and was not able to watch the game, but anyone who didn't see this coming was lying to themselves. There's nothing really to take away from this game with the talent levels so mismatched. Toughest game of the season is out of the way now and we can focus on FCS opponents. Hopefully no major injuries were sustained.
  • Riveraggie
    Anyone would expect a loss, but sometimes games like this have an appearance of a contest. For example Furman vs South Carolina was competitive for awhile and Furman was a huge underdog. Eastern Washington was impressive in their game against Fresno and they were a huge underdog. Time will tell how good Oregon State is.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Well said. I didn't expect us to win by any means but I really didn't think we would lose by this big of a margin. I thought they might score 40 some points but I really didn't think our offense would not be able to do anything at all until OSU put their subs in late in the game.
  • Toke69
    There is something to be said for the confidence of momentum and if the Aggies had been able to score on that first drive, it would have given them the confidence to keep the score lower, but I suspect they would still have failed to cover the final spread, maybe something like 38-14. We simply did not have the team speed or offensive lone strength to stay with the Beavers.
  • CA Forever
    Don't get me wrong, I would have liked to look more competitive against OSU but how we do in these games aren't always indicative of how the rest of the season will play out. We got our warm up in against Commerce and our money bag game against OSU. Real season starts next week and that will tell us a lot more than either of the first 2 games.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Post-game comments:

Hawkins:

"That was a tough one, but we can't hang our heads." "I was glad we didn't quit," Hawkins added.

"We talked about staying in the game at halftime and everyone responded in the second half."

"Oregon State is a big, fast, physical football team and they're very well coached. Sometimes you're at the top of the mountain and sometimes you have valleys. You just have to go back to work and figure things out, take stock of where you are and get back at it."

"That was a tough one, but we can't hang our heads,"

OSU HC Jonathan Smith:

It was a great win tonight."

"Thank you to Beaver nation for bringing the energy and making Reser complete."

https://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/football-beavers-too-much-for-aggies/article_db46a578-4eae-11ee-b9fa-e36a20737f8a.html
  • Riveraggie
    Unbelievable. For the first two games the box score on the Davis site doesn't list Eli Simonson as a starter in the game. it lists his number 70, but with the name of a defensive lineman Luke Roncevitch. This is a direct result of Hawkins not supplying a depth chart. Whoever is doing the stats copied game 1 starters and looked only for new numbers.
    The same participants are listed on the Oregon State official site.
  • AggieFinn2
    Wow, my 2nd prediction was pretty close.

Also their stadium shares a name with a brand of potato salad you can get at Safeway. Who knew Oregonians liked ro name things after picnic/BBQ items ?

The biggest problems with this game were:

1. It was a road game. This does no good for anyone who is not willing to travel to see it. If you watch it on TV you have to hear other people talk about it unless you turn off the sound.

2 The Aggies allowed the Beavers to score more points than they did.

3. Too much analysis. It was a college football game that had slaughter for money written all over it before it started. It tells you zip about how the team will do against conference opponents and quite frankly I don't give a fart. Failing against a significantly stronger opponent does not in any way guarantee they will do better against weak opponents. Nothing to see here.
  • Riveraggie

Why do you feel the need to talk about a game where you don’t give a fart?
  • AggieFinn2
    A fairer question might be why you feel the need to act as message board law enforcement. Seriously, is it that hard to scroll past a post you don't like ? Concerned you're going to strain your thumb ?

I have as much right to talk about the game as any of the homers on this site who drone on about the same crap game after game. Do I call them out on it individually ? No, because they have a right to talk about it. If they have the right to do that then I have the right to not care and say I don't care. There's your answer.
  • Flyaggie
    A blowout is one thing but a demoralizing loss is inexcusable. Can’t preach mental toughness to the boys then get caught glaring into the bright lights as a staff. All they’ve managed to do is lose the respect of the people they are there to teach.
  • Flyaggie
    problem is you have speed on the side lines.
  • NCagalum
    Well after watching the first half of the Stanford -USC game I had recorded,I don’t feel quite as bad about the first half of the Oregon State game. 52-3 as I recall. Ouch!
  • BlueGoldAg
    I wonder how Sac is going to match up against Stanford on Saturday. That's going to be an emotional game for the Hornets playing against the coach that nearly took them to an FCS Championship last year and put their program on the FCS national map.
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!