• agalum

“ Cal Poly was terrible. We should have scored 60 points. Makes no sense that more of our second stringers did not get into the game. At a minimum why not have another QB in for the last 5 minutes. ”

My exact thoughts as well. I will just add that our D went into the same scheme in the second half that they did against EWU. I think SLO was moving the ball better in the 4th bc of our defensive changes.
  • SloStang
    Congrats on the win. To be honest after watching Cal Poly give up 52 points in the first half to PSU, I was expecting a much bigger beat down by the Aggies. I think we were fortunate that Larison did not play. He would have had a huge night against our D. I also think we would have been a little more efficient on offense had Huard played, but not near enough to keep it close. Good luck the rest of the season.
  • Riveraggie
    They are stil listing the wrong player as starting the game wearing #70’ Five games in a row.. I don’t know how they do this once, there is only one player who wears 70 Eli Simonson.
    He has now started the first 5 games he has been an Aggie and probably the only college games he has appeared in and they don’t list him as having participated.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    The good thing is you're certainly on the upswing. It's good for FCS and football in CA when the FCS trifecta are doing well. I have so much respect for Cal Poly The Aggie radio crew kept mentioning how the team looks forward to this rivalry as a peer institution. Not quite the hate we have for Sac, but this game is something I enjoy. I have cousins and friends who attended Cal Poly and loved it.
  • SloStang
    Well we certainly can’t go anywhere but up because we are in the basement right now. I also respect the Aggies and enjoy the rivalry. True student athletes.
  • agalum
    https://www.hudl.com/profile/11445820/Jordan-Fisher

HS reel on Fisher. He has a knack for breaking tackles and finding the seams.
  • Riveraggie
    Players who played in the game that aren't listed in the stats.These guys played regular downs. I’m sure this isn’t comprehensive.
    Eli Simonson - Played 90% of the game
    Da’Von Frazier linebacker. I think they may have confused him with Logan Kraut, same number.
    Porter Connors Played both punt return team and linebacker, in second half.
  • movielover
    Stats ........ 23 ....... 22

PPG ...... ... 26.6 ..... 35.9
    PPG-Opp .. 25.2 ....21.7
    PYG ....... .. 208 ..... 295
    RYG .... .. .. 173 ......191
    Ttl .......... .. 381 ......486

Obviously, the body bag game affects the numbers, but still worth a look. Idaho State battled Montana, so they may not be the old, invincible Grizzlies.
  • Riveraggie
    Movie, what are these stats? In what set of games did (Davis ?) average 486 yards in 22?
  • movielover
    The total 2022 season, if I am reading the numbers correctly. The numbers typically improve as the FBS contest gets watered down.

2022 complete season

https://ucdavisaggies.com/sports/football/stats/2022

2023 to date (3-2), after Cal Poly game

https://ucdavisaggies.com/sports/football/stats
  • movielover
    From here on out it may be a true offense by committe, no UG or LL to carry a massive load. If there are a lot of guys of more or less equal talent, we could play a lot of guys and keep them fresh.
  • Riveraggie
    qq
    I think its apparent the offense has fallen off some. But its hard to make a comparison with such different batches of opponents.
  • Toke69
    Because the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
  • SochorField
    Davis offense is in trouble. Many injuries and not many answers to make up for them. You are correct: the Aggies should have put up way more points.
  • movielover
    If the O line provides protection and MH is clicking, we have a chance. I never liked putting so much on one player, whether Keelan Doss or LL.
  • AggieFinn
    Even Doss had counterparts in Harrell, Kraft, Crawford and Preece - multiple targets, legit targets. Losing Castles no doubt hurts, but it shouldn't be hurting this much.
  • 69aggie
    I think LL is out for some time. We have other injuries as well. We can deal with that as all teams do. Our backup RBs did very well against a weak defense but they played well. My hope is that TT is OK. He really is the main running game threat we have. By my observations I think he suffered an upper extremity injury which is much less debilitating than LLs knee issues. TT is a very tough player and i would give it 50-50 that he will play next week.
  • Riveraggie
    What injury did Matteo Perez have? Anyone know?
  • agalum
    According to the enterprise, LL is due back for the second half of the season - which based on my math is soon :). Edit, they updated their previous comments:
    “ Larison, who was enjoying a career rushing day against Eastern Washington with 255 yards on the ground before going out with a knee injury in the third quarter, made the trip to SLO as a team captain but did not suit up.

He is likely to miss at least another game or two but is expected back for the second half of the season.”
    https://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/football-aggies-corral-mustangs-in-big-sky-action/article_d769533c-5f53-11ee-a1f2-434421c72e4f.html
  • BlueGoldAg
    That's great news!

I know that our offense has not looked all that polished at times and has had too many turnovers but our overall numbers are not bad. Here's our offensive totals not including the OSU mismatch game:

TAMC: 529 yards
    SUU: 349
    EWU: 435
    Poly: 430

So we are averaging 436 yards per game even with all the key injuries the offense has had. 436 yards per game is pretty darn good and, given how good our defense has played, I think we can still compete even though we're beat up. We need to take care of business and knock the socks of Montana and then grind out a win against Weber while some of our players heal up.
  • DavisAggie
    back after the bye
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!