• AggieFinn
    Much needed time for Larison, Main and Perez (?) and many others to get rest and get healthy again.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Tompkins can use a rest to more fully heal up also. This bye is much needed at this point.
  • movielover
    A few stats to consider, more available at the NCAA site.

NCAA FCS Statistics

Scoring Offense

Montana St #1 45.5
    Sac St. #33 30.2
    UC Davis #60 24.7 ***

Scoring Defense
    Montana St. #10 16.83
    Sac St. #26 22.0
    UCD #48 24.71 ***

3rd Down Conversion Pct
    Portland St #6
    Sac St #7
    UCD #54 .388 ***

Punt Returns
    UCD #65 ***

Yards per Pass Attempt
    Kaden Bennett #15 8.54
    Miles Hastings #85 6.02 ***

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs/current/individual/908
  • SochorField
    Last stat is pretty alarming. Bennett also completing 66% to Hastings' 64% Bennet same amount of passing TD's and 2 fewer INTs. The guy is 5'10"

This really shows the issues the Ags are have getting the ball downfield this year.
    Pretty big drop off from last year. Hastings is going to be well short of last year's stats (TD's, yards, completion %, yards per game).

Average yards per pass [completed?] down from 12 yds to 9......sounds about right.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Both my teams, Cal and UC Davis are off this week. It will feel so weird not having a game to watch.
  • BlueGoldAg
    #2 Montana State at #3 Sac State should be an good one to watch. It will be televised on ESPN2 at 7:30 pm.
  • NCagalum
    There has been a major difference (yards allowed vs yards produced) in kickoff and punt returns this year. Larison did kick off returns last year and Isaiah Thomas did punt returns if memory serves me right. Both did well at those. I am not saying use Larison in either capacity due to work load/potential injury but other teams seem to have threats that the Aggies don’t have. I will also guess if you run the stats on kickoff returns that returned kickoffs yield an average less than 25 yards which is to say it’s not a bad idea to simply fair catch unless the kick is very short. No fumble possibility on return either.
  • movielover

Fewest Penalties
    UCD - #13

Kickoff Returns
    UCD - #84

Passes Had Intercepted
    UCD - #69

Passing Yds Per Completion

Montana St - #2 - 15.73
    Cal Poly - #67 - 11.28
    Portland St - #100 - 10.35
    UCD - #110 - 9.55

Turnover Margin
    UCD - #75
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!