• agalum

I was also totally amazed that Sac went with Conklin. And Conklin took a huge hit and sack which was his last play. I believe it was after that when Bennett came in. Bennett had tremendous scrambling speed and was a decent passer.
    I’ve also been a Hastings critic. But I was really happy for him to have a solid game. I’ll be anxious to see what happens during the QB competition next spring. In the mean time, let’s hope the fellas get into the playoffs. Go Ags!
  • CA Forever
    FBS wins carry a lot of weight especially against a power 5 (even if they are really bad). Also our losses against EWU and NAU aren't a good look on the record.
  • movielover
    Our radio color guy does a decent job (loves to talk), but he seemed to assert a playoff spot was a lock with a Causeway win, which it ain't.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think Scott Gordon is the best color commentator we've ever had on our broadcast team. His comments after every play make the game so much more interesting and they show just how knowledgeable he is about the game. He's quick to pick up on the action and coaching strategies as they happen. He's our football equivalent of Bob Williams doing the color analysis for the men's basketball games. Both are great!
  • CA Forever
    Yes, while he had an acceptable game against Sac, I hope that we have a full blown QB battle next season. I don't have anything against Miles as a person or anything like that, but I would like to see someone out there with a more complete skill set for this level of football.
  • cmt
    The only thing we have on Sac is H2H. They have better wins and better losses than we do. If Sac played out schedule there’s a decent chance they’re 8-2 besides the Causeway. At best we would likely have been 6-4 with their schedule before the Causeway and probably 5-5.
  • movielover
    If we had a healthy LL, we could have 2 more wins.

Sam Herder: "Sacramento State just lost to unranked UC Davis to finish 7-4. It does not have any ranked wins. But the Hornets do have an FBS P5 win over Stanford. And they also have a win over Southland champ Nicholls, who beat UIW. That’s why Sac State gets this last spot instead of UIW."
  • Riveraggie
    Or do what Sac, Idaho State, Montana State do which is have two QBs with different skill sets play, even in the same series.
  • Zander
    Speaking of, to give credit where it's due, the production quality has quietly improved to a more or less passable level from what I've seen of the home broadcasts.

I watched some of the first quarter on replay afterwards, and unless there were streaming problems with it live, it looked relatively professional from what I saw. A far cry from the audio and visual problems I remember from ~7 years ago.
  • CA Forever
    We kinda did that already with Lan running the wildcat down the stretch of the season. It worked because Lan is a stud, but I would rather just have a QB who has a more complete skill set AND have Lan on the field.
  • Riveraggie
    Of course thats better. But that is also true of every other position teams do situational substitutions with. If you don’t have a player who excels at all aspects of the position, situational substitutions gets the skills needed for certain plays on the field.
  • Riveraggie
    They carry the home games now on KQCA. That probably means some additional resources. They no longer simulcast on radio and video.
  • NCagalum
    +1. Gordon very good and a massive improvement over Kelly. To be honest I am not a huge fan of Scott Marsh. I’d rather listen to Greg Wong
  • BlueGoldAg
    Yes, Greg is very good and Scotty is just so passionate about the Aggies. I think they both have their strengths.
  • Riveraggie
    Larison believe it or not was not offensive player of the week.
  • AggieFinn

Larison 175 total yards from scrimmage and 4 TDs vs. Sacramento State, Munoz finished 21/27 for 329 passing yards with 4 TDs and ran for a Touchdown as well @ Cal Poly.

I think it's simply a case of Larison winning it last week, and they want new blood to win it this week. You ask me the more impactful performance against a much stronger opponent...it's Larison's performance, hands down.
  • agalum
    Bennett, being a freshman, is going to be a force to deal with. He reminds me of Barriere. In fact he might be a faster scrambler than Barriere. He throws a real nice ball on the run and has a quick release. He should seriously consider pulling a Ken O’Brien and go to a school with a known history of developing top QBs, wink.

Edit, he’s not a freshman. My mistake.
  • CA Forever
    Bennett was a junior this season. Conklin was their true freshman QB that played in the 1st half.
  • agalum

Thanks for the correction. Not sure how i screwed that up, lol.
  • CA Forever
    Your point is valid though. I'm very glad he's not a freshman!
  • DavisAggie
    Dear KQCA/Channel 58,

Have you considered employing a director that values live action over replays of the prior down?

Sincerely,

DavisAggie
  • agalum

They must have only shown that piece once. Very little local news coverage on the game. Totally different when they win.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!