• BlueGoldAg
    Montana comes to town tomorrow at 6 pm for the second game of this season's home and home contests with the Griz. Montana beat the Aggies 78-65 in Missoula back on November 12th and they are coming off a 75-58 win over San Jose State in San Jose on Saturday. The win over the Spartans completed a sweep for the Griz over SJS in home and home games this season.

The Ags are arguably coming off their most complete win of the season 82-61 over Pacific in Stockton on Saturday afternoon. They'll be looking to play well again while trying to build some confidence and momentum in their final two non-conference play before the Big West games begin for them on December 28th at home against Santa Barbara.

Go Ags!
  • AggieFinn2
    SJSU's teams are the Spartans.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Oops..thanks...corrected it.
  • Toke69
    An earlier schedule I have shows us playing UC Merced today, but now I see that the UCM game has been moved to Thursday.
  • BlueGoldAg
    36-30 Montana at the half.

Kane Milling is having a good game so far. DeBruhl went down with an injury. Pepper hampered with 2 early fouls including a technical hasn't been a factor in the game yet.
  • Toke69
    I would like the NCAA to have the officials explain why a technical is called in addition to the player or person on whom it is called. Doesn't need to be detailed, but when it's something that a player or coach says, the ref should say "player spoke objectionaly to a referee." If an act that is not apparent then something equally descriptive.
  • Toke69
    Rocak playing tough on offense to start the second half, getting some great rebounds and put-backs. I wish he would show his jump shot from the key, where he is often open.
  • agalum
    Toke, I totally missed what happened on that technical on Pepoer. I was hoping they would put it up on the big screen. The folks around me seemed just as befuddled
  • agalum
    63-49 Griz, 8 left
  • Toke69
    The Ags have lost this one. There must be some concern for Pepper's long range shooting. Counting today's game so far, he's shot 10 of 39 from beyond the arc since the game against Sac State. You have to wonder if the pressure to pass Audwin Thomas is in his head.
  • movielover
    Every opponent has likely spent all summer studying his tape. We have two proven weapons?
  • agalum
    Pepper looked very frustrated. My wife and i both felt maybe he was under the weather. But just no denying the Griz tonight. Their 3s were on fire and they controlled the boards.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Ags lose 73-61.

Guard oriented teams need to be able to make up for their lack of interior strength by shooting well from 3 and driving the ball for layups and getting fouled. We are shooting only 32% from 3 and only 69% from the FT line and those percentages don't bode well for us when the Big West play begins.
  • 88Aggie
    Seems like Les changes his lineup based on who we play each week rather than playing our game and forcing our will onto the other teams. Make them adjust to us instead. For years we sometimes comment on another team being big when we could field a larger lineup but don’t. We could put Borra and Rocak in there at the same time if we wanted to. We always play small and our big men are only there to set picks. We like it when they shoot threes. They never seem to score much on the inside and don’t seem to get many rebounds. Maybe I am an old school low post guy and the game has passed me by but I still like the strong low post bruiser big man and we haven’t had that in years.
  • BlueGoldAg
    "Right now we're not willing to do the hard things to be a good basketball team," said a discouraged Aggie head coach Jim Les afterward.

"We need to take charge and be physical and contest every loose ball and we didn't do that. When we miss an easy one on the offensive end, that disappointment carries over on defense. We have to fight through adversity to get where we want to be."

https://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/grizzlies-make-themselves-at-home/article_e9bc8f28-9ef9-11ee-8410-b31c81b445b6.html
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!