• agalum
    The mustangs are led by Kobe Sanders, 4th in the Big West in points per game. The Mustangs rank first in the Big West in shots blocked. This rivalry game often comes down to the wire. Remember last year?

https://ucdavisaggies.com/news/2023/1/21/mens-basketball-aggies-pull-off-miraculous-comeback-against-cal-poly.aspx

Davis, Calif. — In possibly one of the greatest comebacks in UC Davis Men's Basketball history, the Aggies were able to storm back with a 15-0 run during the final 4:23 and defeat the visiting Cal Poly Mustangs, 65-63. Capping off a game-high 21 point night, Ty Johnson delivered the game-winning bucket driving to the hole and converting a layup with just eight seconds remaining. With barely any time left, Cal Poly's Kobe Sanders would storm down the court but was eventually met at the rim by Christian Anigwe who denied any chance of the game going into overtime with an emphatic block.
  • BlueGoldAg
    That was an amazing game!
  • Toke69
    Do they still yell Bossie Cow-Cow at Aggie games?
  • BlueGoldAg
    33-27 Aggies at the half. The Ags got off to a fast start but then went through a scoring drought and Poly cut the lead to one before the Aggies created a little separation again. Pepper with 17.
  • Toke69
    Ags shot 100% from the foul line for the first half!
  • Toke69
    With about 8 minutes left, TY has yet to score a field goal, but he does have 4 assists and 3 steals. Like all solid players, he doesn't need to score to contribute.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Good win. Defend home court!
  • Toke69
    A solid offensive performance shooting 50% from the arc, about that well overall and 92.9% from the foul line. Plus good balance, Pepper getting his, but 7 other Aggies scoring .
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggie defense was excellent again. I haven't seen all the BW teams play this year but I've seen the front runners and I haven't seen anyone play tougher defense yet. I'm also glad to see Milling scoring more and looking more confident with each game. Rocak and Borra are making good progress also. Things are looking up!
  • movielover
    Another good win.
  • abridge
    TY put a ton of effort into defense. It has yielded a first rate effect. The Ahs look like a totally different team from earlier this season.
  • Toke69
    No to Bossie Cow-Cow? Thanks. Yes, this is TY's second game where he has held the other teams best player to a lower scoring performance.
  • abridge
    Bossie Cow-Cow died a few decades ago at least. But I can remember how the cheer could really shift the team to a new gear. But I think it's simply gone now and not enough people remember it to even get a feeble effort during the game unless someone really put a lot of effort into restoring it.
  • Toke69
    Too bad. Thanks
  • agalum
    They were doing the bossy cow cow at football games until about 4 years ago, then it stopped.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!