• agalum
    The Mustangs got clobbered by the Aggies 71-46 12/30. They haven’t won a single conference game and are 3-7 at home. The Ags are playing inspirational ball and are able to reach down from the gut and pull out the close games. But we all know what can happen in a rivalry game. Can the Ags maintain their momentum? Hopefully they come out firing on all cylinders. I’d like to see Mani get some more minutes.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Man, Poly has fallen on hard times in both football and basketball.

The 25 point loss to the Aggies was their worst loss of the year but they're capable of upsetting any team in the conference. 5 of their 10 conference losses have been by less than 10 points. They've been playing much better since they lost to us.
  • DrMike
    They don’t have many scorers. A lot of games in the 50’s. If our offense plays well, I think we pull off the central coast sweep somewhat easily. That being said, seems like we struggle a bit at luxurious Mott Center
  • abridge
    I remember the Poly game as being more competitive than the final score indicated. I hope we didn't leave too much in the Thunderdome.

But it's clear this team knows how to win and can bring a variety of tools to make it happen.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Poly will be very hungry and I'm sure they will bring a lot of energy and fight to the game. As DrMike noted, they have had their offensive struggles this year but they've also been quite competitive in many of their conference losses. They also took Oregon State to the limit in Corvallis when they lost to the Beavers in double OT.
  • abridge
    I totally mis-remembered the Cal Poly game. Fortunately ESPN keeps the game-flow

ESPN game stats and game-flow
  • BlueGoldAg
    Poly currently has a 28 game Big West Conference games losing streak and you know they would love to get that monkey off their backs.
  • Toke69
    Anyone know what happened to Adebayo?
  • agalum

I was just going to ask if he was back. Tuned in late.
  • Toke69
    Ags came out very flat for the first 10 minutes and didn't improve a whole lot the rest of the half. Good thing that SLO missed a lot of bunnies so the score reminds me of a high school half-time score. Both team shooting just above 30% and it's not just because of good defense.
  • BlueGoldAg
    25-23 Aggies in a ugly half of basketball. I'm glad our defense has been pretty good because our offense is nowhere to be found yet. We better come out and play much better in the second half because you know that Poly can smell blood in the water.
  • agalum
    Did it look like TY had the wind knocked out of him?
  • Toke69
    I think TY must have sustained some kind of chest injury since he came back in then had to go out again. Hope it's just a bad bruise.

Do you find the TV guys kind of amateurish? They use a lot of cliches, some not appropriately, and miss some of their spots on describing the action and who did what.
  • agalum
    The play by play guy has a very irritating voice, at least for my ears.
  • Toke69
    A lot of attrition for the Ags: Ade, TY and now Tamba. This ending is going to be a nail biter.
  • agalum
    Missing TY down the stretch.
  • movielover
    Frosh guard Seville has 10 points, 4 for 4, Pepper 5 of 17.
  • agalum
    And the Ags pull through with the W, 59-52. SLO looks better than their record suggests.
  • Toke69
    The TV guys get my vote for most annoying commentators in the Big West circuit. Hard to believe the color guy was a coach after what he said near the end of the game when the Aggies had to take the ball out near the corner: something along the lines of Cal Poly has to trap the ball now. That assumes that the inbounds pass will go to a man in the corner where it is easy to trap and I'm sure the players know that so they avoid it.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I've heard Jim Les say that good teams find a way to win even when it's ugly and, man, that was an ugly basketball game. Connor Sevilla came off the bench after TY got injured and he saved our butts by shooting 4-4 including two clutch 3's to stop the bleeding while we were close to squandering an 18 point lead. Teams are finding ways to make things very difficult for Pepper. We really need Milling to find some offensive continuity. Oh well...it goes in the W column...
  • DrMike
    UCSD lost to the Beach. I guess we should be rooting for the Tritons since they can win the title, and any win helps keep us in top two tournament slots. The beach is 3 behind us with 2 head to heads. Others are starting to fall back too far to catch up
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!