• agalum
    i just had a co-worker leave here to work at Stanford. one of the big draws was the tuition assistance program:DrMike

My wife's father was an administrator at USC when she was ready to head to college. She could have attended USC free on a similar program. She ended up at Pepperdine Malibu.
  • tokyoag
    http://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/teresa-and-ron-gould-its-a-tough-farewell/

...listen to what Teresa told me last week about the announcement of the Aggies playing at Stanford in two seasons:

“Ron doesn’t like it. It’s heartbreaking. In 2018, those seniors? Those are our kids. It won’t be an enjoyable day for us. Ron says, ‘It’s like beating up your own children.’ ”

“Being at Stanford after 20 years in the UC system is going to be a little bit different for us,” says Teresa, who says her goal now is to become a full-time football wife. “Playing UCD so soon? It’s not going to be super-fun. Those Aggies … are still our family.”

By the way, the date of the game — Sept. 15, 2018 — is Ron Gould’s 53rd birthday.
  • movielover
    This writer appears to be fixated on the Gould's.

It will be interesting to see how Hawkins crew stacks up with Gould's. I'm hoping for improvement, big improvement. Hawkins mentioned he may try to get the guys some practice time on grass as a partial move for injury prevention.
  • movielover
    We should do better than we did at either Stanford or Berkeley last meeting. Inexperienced QBs both games.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    If we only tallied a W for every time Bruce wrote about the Goulds...
  • OldAggie
    I don't see us doing any better against Pac-12 teams in the next couple of years outside some major recruiting. However, the last Stanford team was top 10 pre-season, so it might be a little better. Ron Gould is a good man, and I genuinely believe his statements. I'm optimistic for Hawk, and I believe the administration has turned a corner for the better. However, I'd rather see us playing San Jose State, Reno, or other mid-majors as our FBS games.
  • movielover
    We had first time QB starters for 2 of our last big Pac 12 games. Maybe a seasoned JC starter would fare a little better, esp w a less predictable offense. I loved the FBS game where we used an effective pass control in the first half, and then went ball control in the second.

Plough attended a UW camp run by Coach Pete. I love that.
  • OldAggie
    I think its overly optimistic to think we will be winning, or even highly competitive, in any Pac-12 games anytime soon. Oregon wasn't embarrassing last time, but we haven't had the horses to play four quarters. I'm in the "I'll believe it when I see it camp." I think we will see a big improvement this year if we can put up some offense, and the schedule is most friendly we've had in a long time. If we don't win 4-5 games this year, I'll be disappointed. I think there are six winnable games, maybe seven, so I'm leaving some first year hiccups in my prediction.
  • movielover
    Not expecting winning against a ranked Pac 12 team, just more competitive, better football IQ.

I'm surmising QB and RB will be important... along w O Line. ... Petersen did well his first year at QB...
  • movielover
    From SDSU to LA Rams

Coach Gould was named the Associate Head Coach and RB Coach at San Diego State last month before deciding to join the NFL's Los Angeles Rams heading into the 2023 season. His stint st SDSU lasted about one month.
  • Jackbacker2
    Some football coaches hit a jackpot, but the bouncing from programs would be hard on me and my family. I wish Coach Gould a good run with the Rams though I hope the Niners beat the snot out of them twice this year!
  • 69aggie
    Hope Teresa is doing OK. Must be hard on her and the kids. She actually was a great interim AD for us. Ron I just do not know how he will do.
  • DrMike
    Pac12 offices are still located in SF, but i wonder if she is doing much of her work remotely?
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!