• AggieMWfan
    Kehei Clark --MVP of Nike Tourney. This UCD commit just lit up ESPNU and won the NIke AAU tournament. Totally controlled the game and was named game MVP. The UC Davis mentions and Coach Les were numerous. What a huge get for Coach Les. Great player.
  • BlueGoldAg
    This is great news for the Aggies. Kehei Clark is only 5'8 but he has impressive basketball skills regardless of his height. He was very composed under pressure, shot the ball well, and made excellent decisions with the ball. He is lightning quick with either hand, has great floor awareness and makes wonderful assists. He'll have a good shot at playing as a true freshman for the Ags next year. Coach Les has gone and gotten a real good floor general.

His AAU team, the Oakland Soldiers, beat Team Takeover (Washington DC) 70-63 to win the prestigious EYBL Nike Peach Jam Championship. Clark led his team with 18 points on 5 of 9 from the floor overall (3 of 5 from 3) and 5 of 7 from the line.

You can watch the ESPN replay of the game here:

http://cdn.espn.go.com/watch/player?id=3099215
  • True Blue Aggie
    Following the game a lot of folks in the twitterverse were commenting that he probably won't stay with his commitment to The Aggies - some other school is going to swoop in. HOWEVER, Kihei appears to remain loyal to Davis. His verbal commitment is still his "pinned tweet". And he has commented to folks that he absolutely intends to become an Aggie.
  • BlueGoldAg
    His stock is rising quickly with all the exposure he is now receiving so I'm sure there will be attempts by other schools to lure him away. However, he committed quickly and early to the Aggies and there are photos of him with his family wearing Aggie gear when he announced his commitment. I get the feeling that he and his family place a high value on education and the kind of integrity we have in Aggie Athletics. They obviously like Coach Les and his approach to coaching as well. He'll have a chance to shine at Davis and receive an outstanding education as well.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    He needs to do what is best for him and his career, but hopefully the lure of joining an upcoming program and probably contributing right away (along with the academics) is enough to keep him. Another kid on that same AAU team, Mason Forbes, is followed by several Aggie coaches and a couple of players (Chima and Graham for instance). He's from Folsom and has a 3.8 gpa (per his highlight video) so maybe there is some interest.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think I saw Mason Forbes at some Aggie games last season. It's hard to miss that fro! He has offers from San Diego State, Pepperdine, Brown Cal Poly and San Jose State and there may be others.

The play of Kehei Clark got UC Davis and Jim Les a lot of publicity by the TV announcers yesterday. Clark got as much praise from them as USC's 5 star recruit Taeshon Cherry.
  • True Blue Aggie
    I think another AAU teammate, Jack Shweitz(sp?), is also being tracked by Aggie coaches.

I wholeheartedly agree about the educational component that Davis offers over most other institutions. It's an oldie but a goodie, "Son, this a 40-year decision, not a 4-year decision."
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies have offered 6'3 SG Jack Schwietz who, as you said, plays for the Oakland Soldiers also. He attends Findlay Preparatory Academy in Henderson, Nevada. Findlay Prep is a program that has produced quite a few players that were eventually drafted into the NBA. He has offers from the Aggies, UCSB, and the University of Maryland, Baltimore County.

http://verbalcommits.com/players/jack-schwietz
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!