• movielover
    Great news. Bob Dunning back for FB excitement and Bruce G. Is promoted to Spors Editor at The Enterprise.

Congratulations to both men.
  • 72Aggie
    Just stumbled across this thread. Good news as to both, but also a comment on the shrinking staffs at the Enterprise and newspapers in general. Same might be said about Joe Davidson at the Bee. He's doing more college stuff, but some of that is because the Bee pretty much canned the rest of the staff around him.

(Kind of like what I tell people who question why UCD left DII....maybe not so much UCD leaving DII as DII leaving schools like Davis.)

I digress. You do that at this age.
  • 69aggie
    Yes and the idea was that they could go to on line versions of their papers and do OK. But, they aren’t OK; they’re are terrible because they are attempting to still save money by cutting staff and using poor IT people so their papers are almost useless. The Bee is basically aa AP news outlet. It covers high school football fairly well, but thats it locally. Oh yes, there’s the Bees fetish about “local craft beers” and it does cover the Kings well, but I am simply not interested. The Enterprise covers no national news (which is fine with me) and is OK locally, but its IT is terrible. I can never log in because it wont take my password. You have to call in and get a temporary one. I will not be renewing my subscriptions to either newspaper.
  • Riveraggie
    Davis’s own web site needs to pick up the slack, not just or press releases about rank in polls and promo stuff.
    With no local newspaper coverage we need to have some web content. Hire a couple of student interns with journalism interests and post two stories a week.
  • Riveraggie
    Remember when the Aggie had weekly game coverage ?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!