• movielover
    According to a UCLA blog, former UC Davis Aggie RB Joshua Kelly sounds like the most impressive back as he worked with the 3rd team. Broke off a 30-yard run, waited for blocks to develop. Right now has no scholarship.

I wonder who tipped off UCLA?

Site is InsideSoCal.
  • movielover
    A Los Angeles Times article claims Kelly called RB coach DeShaun Foster for 2 months, trying to reach him.

He's getting a lot of carries as other Bruin RBs are out for various reasons.

Good luck to the young man.
  • 69aggie
    Why did this have to happen? Was he so attached to Gould that he had to transfer? Aren't there rules against D1 poaching players? UCLA is pretty classy in this area, so I bet he just transferred thinking he was so good that UCLA would bite. I this is the only significant loss from the Gould firing I am not at all unhappy.
  • movielover
    That's an interesting question. It sure seems like they made an effort here to sell the story that he left on his own and the RB coach didn't answer his calls for 2 months??? Hard to imagine a player with his stats and youth being ignored.

As far as UCLA, they aren't innocent, they have poached or recruited on the DL. I think the LAT or his UCLA bio mention a family tie to UCLA.
  • 69aggie
    Well said. But I think he decided to take the FBS bet which may or may not have been a real smart idea. Smart if he makes the top 2 RB slots, but if he stays at 3 not so much if any significant playing time vrs staying here and playing a lot. And by the way, how do/can you stop poaching? Is it a NCAA violation? Seems very hard to stop this practice.
  • movielover
    He could have been a big fish here, and in the FCS.
  • SochorField
    I called this a few times..........not surprised he ended up at a Pac-12 school.
  • AggieFinn
    Big opportunity for Kelley. Hope he knocks 'em dead.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!