• Bige70
    I want to clarify that I do not believe we are going to get taken to the woodshed (just mentioned it would be a bummer if we did whilst live-streaming on FB to a new audience). I think those days are behind us - Hawk will do a much better job gameplanning and getting the guys in the right mental state of mind. Plus SDSU has had all of the illnesses and they have zero footage on our new offense and defense. So I'm telling you there's a chance. I think it'll be close at least for the first quarter.
  • Riveraggie
    I am very happy we are scheduling at this level. I do not expect a competitive game, because we are a total unknown and they are a higher level team. But it's not beyond hope that we put up a good showing. One of the best games I ever personally attended was SDSU vs Florida State in the 70s when SDSU filled the stadium more than the Chargers did. San Diego State ended 9-1-1 having lost to Fullerton but tied USC. FSU was ranked 13th. The Aztecs totally dominated them, but didn't get a bowl invite. Aztecs had a tiny nose guard maybe 5'7" 190 or something like that; very quick. Pro level tailback. mystery how they lost to Fullerton.
  • movielover
    This will also be a coming out party for a lot of folks. Coach Turner... will he have a little Foster magic so early? He has an excellent track record... I know nothing about our D and am thrilled to know nothing!! The element of surprise!!

We were competitive for a while with Oregon last year, though I think we eventually may have worn down our 1s.
  • movielover
    SD Tribune says the Aztecs will start 2 Red Freshment at WR... 6'4" and 6'5"... "high pointing" catches is something they key on.
  • AggieFinn
    Bet on the Turners.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!