• Riveraggie
    I see we have an American studies major, and a Native American studies major as well! Not knocking those majors. My view is if a player majors in anything he wants and makes progress to a degree, good.
    But I'm still curious if we have some obstacle to transfers; because we get hardly any, except JC. I know it used to be hard or impossible to transfer from a JC without having completed 90 plus quarter units. I wonder if the same applies to transfers from other UC campuses. That would be dumb. It would be nice if the flow of players between davis and UCLA was not unidirectional. We lost a defensive end to them back around 2006 and this year a running back.
  • movielover
    I thought Coach Gould brought in speed, speed, speed? ... Brandyn Lee at WR?

And when will we see WR Harrell?
  • lucche
    The hand clap is something that maks it easy to get the defense to jump. You just tell everyone it is on the second clap. Except the opponent of course. We did this many a time when I played. And, usually save it for late in close games on things like 4th and 4.
  • CA Forever
    I believe that one of the articles right before the season started mentioned that Harrell was battling an injury and should be ready to go sometime midseason. Or am I think of a different player? I don't know.
  • OldAggieAlum
    Here's an old article from the Tacoma newspaper where Chris Petersen explains why UW uses hand claps and how he got started using it at Boise State. Primarily it's because the sound cuts through the noise better in crowded stadiums. He points out other advantages too.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/college/pac-12/university-of-washington/article36500640.html
  • NCagalum

This was back in the "dark ages", but when we went to play Cal in baseball, a former UCD student who had transferred to Kal, came to our dugout and
    when talking to an aquaintance said Davis was tougher academically. Of course only 1 observation.
145678Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!