• user1
    Is this a subtle, informal invitation to Coach Les to consider joining the Big Sky Conference?

First this:
    https://twitter.com/CoachHawkinsUCD/status/910002475230314496

The Coach Les' reply:
    https://twitter.com/CoachJimLes/status/910005581838274560
  • aggie08
    Well I think BW is the best (non-football) conference for us - at least as long as we plan to be an FCS team. I would say teams like UCSB, Cal Poly, UCI, Hawaii, Beach have more appeal than Montana, Idaho, Portland St, etc. Why? Academics, California rivalries, our friends go there, etc. The added bonus is reasonable travel costs in the BW.

Now hypothetically if we go FBS and you put us in the same conference as Nevada, UNLV, SDSU, Boise, maybe we reconsider for all sports due to the jump in competition to increase our profile. But even then, Hawaii prefers to stay in the BW for non-football sports- probably for travel costs. Just some food for thought.
  • DrMike
    i think Dan got confused about where our basketball team will be playing their post-season tournament!
  • PortlandAggie
    I agree. Kind of an awkward exchange.
  • BlueGoldAg
    You nailed it, Aggie08. Totally agree that the BW is the best fit for us for the majority of our sports including basketball.

Very awkward...I think Hawk must be burning the candle at both ends prepping for Weber State and lost his train of thought!
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Ditto. Plus I bet Hawk is keyed in on the Weber game, which occurs within the bounds of the Big Sky Conference. This is his first season here in ages, so easy for him to get confused.
  • Goags20172
    I think being in the Big Sky for basketball would be kind of lame. Like football the conference has too many members. You don't get to see every team (if you want to that is) at home each season. It really should be two conferences.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!