• Polydad
    Well folks, the Golden Horseshoe is back up for grabs this Saturday! I gotta say I really respect the direction your program is heading and despite being 3-3, I see a much improved team up your way. Obviously, Cal Poly appears to be heading in the other direction, although as a fan/parent I'm hoping the 2017 season is simply an anomaly. I think one can throw out records for this game, but recent play certainly favors the Aggies. The Cal Poly defense has played pretty well most of the year, but the offense cannot say that. I would wish the Aggies good luck, but you know I wouldn't really mean it. :D
  • 69aggie
    Happened to us for 4+ years. Not fun at all.
  • SloStang
    This year definitely is not a typical Cal Poly team. Over the last decade Cal Poly’s offense has been extremely efficient and the defense has been a liability. This year the defense has kept us in games and the offense has been any thing but efficient. Not only are they not racking up the yards and points they usually do, they are turning over the ball at an alarming rate.

While I pray for a miracle that we can get our first win of the season and keep the Horseshoe in SLO, I think I have as much chance of winning the lottery. Like Polydad, I am hoping this is just an off year. I think we have two of our best recruiting classes the last two years so I am hoping it is. While I won’t wish you luck on Saturday I will wish you luck the rest of the year.
  • CA Forever
    Records go out the door on golden horseshoe week.
  • DrMike
    think back to last year when we went down there with 2 wins and had them on the ropes until the end.
  • cpalum
    I'm ever hopeful but I'm guessing Cal Poly gets whipped in this one.
  • agalum
    Plenty of times poly was the favorite and we knocked them off. You can usually throw out records for a rivalry game. I do think the Aggies will be up for this game after a close loss to EWU and tough loss to NAU.
  • Polydad

You're damn straight Dr. Mike, I wasn't sitting comfortably in my seat in Spanos until Kyle Lewis scored on that 80 yard pitch play late in the fourth quarter to ice the game.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    CP always plays us tough. Some years the Ags have been caught looking ahead to Suck State. Fortunately the rivalry games are not back to back this year. CP is a team I love for the Ags to beat. If we lose, I'll tip my cap. But if we lose to Sac then its just ugly. This game will be closer than everyone thinks. Maybe decided by a single TD.
  • SochorField
    This Aggie team is going to have a little fun on offense, and pin 'em down on defense this Saturday. I think we beat Poly 42-10. A well-deserved W after a couple really tough L's.
  • SloStang
    Like I said our defense has played well considering the little help our offense has given them. We held three of the top Big Sky teams to some fairy low number (for them). We held NAU to 28. Since then they have scored 48, 37, 42 and 45. We held SUU to 20. They have scored 27, 32 and 46 in their other Big Sky games. We held Weber State to 17. They have scored 31, 41, 25 and 16 in their other Big Sky games. Only SUU has held them to less.

Like I said we have played well on defense. Davis may score 42, but I would not count on it.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!