• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies women moved up 6 places in the latest Women's Mid-Major Basketball Pool to #11 this week. I think that is the highest ranking that they have ever had but I'm not positive about that. I'm not sure when the poll is taken each week but they only show the Ags at 2-0 and they are currently 4-0.

http://www.collegeinsider.com/womens-mid-major-top-25.php
  • eastbayaggie
    They're #17 overall currently at realtime rpi.
    http://realtimerpi.com/college_Women_basketball_rpi.html

What seed will they get during March Madness? :)

I know. I'm counting chickens before they hatch.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I've wasn't aware of the RealTimeRPI.com site. They've got a bunch of different rankings for a variety of college and pro sports with team and conference power, rpi and sos rankings.

If you click on a team they also have a final record prediction with projected scores for each game in the season...haha...the things you can do nowadays with predictive algorithms! So they are predicting that the Aggies will finish the year 25-3 with their only loses to Oregon State, St Mary's and Long Beach State. I don't think the Ags will settle for that though; I think they want to be 28-0 heading into the NCAA Tournament! :-O
  • aggie08
    My concern for this senior laden team is the talent they will face most of the year won’t allow them to prepare for the elite teams. OSU is the only top 25 team they’ll face all year. That will be a good measuring stick. And the crazy thing is it’s entirely possible they’ll have a fighting chance. I think for a team of this quality you can’t be happy just making the tournament, so seeding is important. Winning definitively every game (or almost every game) can help resume. No guarantee they’ll make it, but setting the bar at just making the dance is too low imo. This team has stars, coaching, depth, experience, athleticism...
  • BlueGoldAg
    I agree that their SOS is not great and that it would be better if this team had a few more teams like OSU to face. We're looking like an excellent mid-major team but the level of talent among the the better schools in the power conferences is a big step up. I'm not sure how we'd compete at that level but I'd like to see more of those kind of games just to get us really battle tested.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!