• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies take their unbeaten record to Seattle for a 2 pm Sunday game against Seattle University in the Connolly Complex. This is the 3rd game of 3 straight road games for the Ags and the Redhawks are always a tough opponent on their home court.

Seattle is 3-2 for the year with wins over UCSB 77-71, Pepperdine 65-62 and Portland State 91-77. Their loses have been to Idaho State 74-69 and Hawai'i 73-58. The Aggies beat Pepperdine 69-64 and Portland State 79-67 so, by comparative scores, this game is a tossup. 5'10 Sr G Alexis Montgomery leads the Redhawks offensively at 21 ppg followed by 5'6 So G Kamira Sanders at 15.6 ppg.

Morgan Bertsch leads the Aggies with 21.6 ppg and Rachel Nagel is scoring 14.8 ppg. The Ags are getting good contributions from a number of players and they'll need to continue that as teams will be trying to lock down tight on Bertsch. One area that the Aggies really need to improve is cutting down on their turnovers. They are averaging 16 TO's per game and that's way too many for a team with as much overall talent as the Aggies have.

Live online stream on the WAC Digital Network at 2 pm: http://wacsports.com/watch/?Live=634

Watch the women first and then watch the men play Washington afterwards on the PAC12 Network.

Go Ags!
  • Zander
    17-13 at the end of the first
  • BlueGoldAg
    Are you having any trouble with the online feed? It keeps going down for me.
  • Zander
    Hmm no, it's working perfectly for me
  • BlueGoldAg
    Bertsch picks up her 2nd personal and she's been carrying the offense. Need the other players to step up now.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    It was earlier but it’s fine now
  • Oldbanduhalum
    It’s going to be big numbers if Seattle continues to single cover Bertsch.
  • Zander
    37-22 Ags at the half. The game got chippier in the second quarter and the Ags did a good job forcing Seattle to play physical and ultimately getting the Ags into the double bonus early. Redhawks don't really have an answer for Bertsch and Anderson.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Working well for me now also.

Nice job by the Aggies to stretch the lead to 15 after Bertsch had to sit with 2 fouls. Uncharacteristically for the Ags though is that they are only 1 of 9 from 3. The 3 ball is usually a weapon for them.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The WAC Network feed keeps going down for me again..ugh..
  • Russ Bowlus
    Stat broadcast is working fine for me--couldn't get the WAC broadcast to play nice with my ad-blocker.

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=192966&vislive=ucda
  • Zander
    Huh I wonder why it's so inconsistent.

Aggies up 59-39 at the end of the third.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Can't figure it out. It worked fine for a while then just keeps crashing.
  • Russ Bowlus
    What was the team technical for?
  • Russ Bowlus
    Bench is in for the last few minutes--up 25.
  • Zander
    79-53 Aggies final. Can't hit threes in the first half and still win by 26. Unreal.

I think the Seattle coach was upset that a transition foul wasn't called and left the bench to yell at the ref. It was off camera though so that's conjecture based on the scuffle right before.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Ah, ok. It got listed on the UCD side of the stat sheet, which confused me.
  • Zander
    Yeah sounds like an error to me
  • PortlandAggie
    Wow! This team logged a lot of miles this weekend and still found a way to win back-to-back road games ... by A LOT.
  • BlueGoldAg
    This is a very nice road win for the Aggies to move to 6-0. Morgan Bertsch continues to dominate and had 25 and Rachel Nagel pumped in 23. The Ags were able to win by 26 even though they were only 5 of 20 from beyond the arc which is not like this team at all. So, with the 3's not falling, the Ags found another way to win.

I thought the Ags played good defense the entire game but 15 TO's are still too many. Bertsch and Nagel have been carrying most of the offensive production lately for the Aggies and I'd like to see some of the other players getting into double digits more often. The Ags don't want to become overly dependent on those two so, when they have an off night, other players well need to step up.

It looked like the Aggies had a good number of fans at the game. I'm sure there were family members and friends there from our Washington and Oregon players.

The Aggie train keeps on rolling!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Seattle's head coach, Suzy Barcomb, commented on Morgan Bertsch in her post-game interview: "Well, she's tall as a giraffe, is very agile, has a variety of moves, can shoot with either hand and is really smart."
  • Zander
    Before today's game our RPI was 33, but it's probably going to keep falling due to SoS. Far and above the best mark in the Big West.

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_bigw_Women.html
  • aggie08
    ya Bertsch is something else. She’s got great footwork, finesse and seems to be able to efficiently score off either hand on either side. Not to mention her height. I’m really looking forward to the St. Mary’s and Oregon St games to see how they handle her.
  • 69aggie
    I think Dani may be hurt a little or is just not feeling well. Not herself at all. She’ll be back in no time. That is a lot of travel time and Seattle is a good team. Very good win indeed.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I was wondering about her too. She has been seeing very limited playing time lately. Hope she's back up to 100% soon. We'll need her with St Mary's, Oregon State and Central Florida coming up.
  • 69aggie
    Or maybe nini is just stepping up>
  • BlueGoldAg
    Possibly. Nina is very athletic and has good length. Her offensive game has improved this year too. She's still maturing as a player and her inexperience shows at times when she loses focus and makes a poor decision that ends up in a turnover. Hopefully, that will improve with more playing time.

On the other hand, Dani is a very mature player who brings steadiness and stability to the floor. I think that she is probably nursing an injury or has been under the weather. I expect to see her back and playing well pretty soon.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!