• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies will be shooting for their 10th straight win this season when Central Florida comes to the Pavilion for a 4 pm game on Sunday. The Aggies traveled to Orlando last year and surprised the athletic Knights with a 77-71 victory. UCF comes into the game with a 6-4 record including wins over Chattanooga, Gardner-Webb, Georgia Southern, IUPUI, Northern Iowa and Boston U. Their loses have been to Mercer, Virgina Tech, Elon and Samford.

The Knights are very athletic and will bring a swarming defense to Davis that has held their opponents to under 40 points on 3 occasions. They are also averaging 11 steals per game and they will try to pressure the Aggies into mistakes. They are averaging 59 ppg to their opponents 55. Their defense has held their opponents to 37% shooting overall and 26% from 3.

5'9 Sr G Zakiya Saunders leads the Knights in scoring at 15.8 ppg and 5'10 Sr G Aliyah Gregory adds 13.8 ppg. The Knights have struggled a bit on offense shooting 40% overall and only 25% from downtown.

UCF will try to make this game a low scoring, defensive battle and the Ags will need to be patient and take care of the ball. Hopefully, the Aggies will shake off any cobwebs early after being off for a week for finals.

The Ags will want to play well and put this one in the W column before heading up to Corvallis, Oregon, for a huge game with Beavers next Wednesday.

Come out and watch this outstanding Aggie basketball team.

Go Ags!

Live online stream from Big West TV: http://bigwest.sidearmstreaming.com/watch/?Live=521
  • Goags20172
    I decided to go. For a Sunday afternoon game that likely won't have many students attending this should be fun.

On a side note has anyone else noticed that the downtown UC Davis Store only seems to ever have small + medium t- shirt sizes available ? What's the deal with that ? Do they think all the customers are skinny short people, or do all the larger people buy everything up quickly ? If the latter, order more ! Come on, look around. Are people (especially men) mostly small + medium t- shirt sizes ?

I'm sure that they will order more if you ask, but that's inconvenient. I may not want to make the purchase in 7- 10 business days. If I take the time to come into a store I am not expecting to be told that it's not in stock in my size. I don't shop online.
  • 69aggie
    I hate these Christmas break games. I hope Jen gets her team ready for this one, as UCF could sneak up on our gals; certainly, the men did not play well against USF and looked distracted at times.
  • BlueGoldAg
    My wife and I are going to try and get to the game on our way home from SF. Go get this one AGS!
  • Goags20172
    There's a light jazz band in the park. They played "Tequila", a song that Pee Wee Herman made insanely famous. That's exactly the kind of song I think should be played softly *sarcasm*. No one yelled, "Tequila !!!!" probably because they didn't recognize the tune.

Sometimes it's easy to forget the slower pace of life in Davis. There's this guy in the Jack in the Box who felt the need to loudly state 4 times that the coffee was good. After the lady at the counter didn't acknowledge him the first 3 times he said it from his seat he went up there to tell her. That was probably the most exciting part of his day up to that point. I've really started to appreciate this sort of thing. I'd move back here if I could make the commute work.

Anyone want to place a bet on how many Green Day songs the band will play today ? Just kidding !
  • Zander
    Mark me down for two and it's going to be Basket Case and Welcome to Paradise in that order.
  • eastbayaggie
    Let me know if any of you guys are getting the internet feed on the game. I'm currently getting constant replays of the last minute of the men's game vs. the Warriors.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Same. The live stats broadcast is working, though.
  • Goags20172
    Funny. #22 On each team scored the 1st bucket. Bertsch took a spill though. Took her a moment to get up but she looks ok.
  • eastbayaggie
    Seriously. How can UC Davis be so consistently horrible in the internet feed? I started paying attention to UCD sports ever since UCD announced the transition to Division I. I've been so used to how bad the internet feed has been all these years that if I get the feed working for at least 75% of the game, then I consider the internet feed a success. I'm tired of having those low standards ever since someone started that rant earlier this season.
  • 69aggie
    No live stats for me either
  • CA Forever
    I have live stats working, but I too question how a major university hasn't figured out quality streaming in 2017. Davis' ability to provide streams of athletics has consistently been piss poor.
  • eastbayaggie
    Live Stats work for me. Now the live internet feed is currently playing the replays of Cal State Fullerton celebrating their victory over UCD men's soccer team.
  • Goags20172
    Bertsch is back in. We'll, C. FL is playing true to their scouting report. Aggies having trouble rebounding + buying buckets.
  • eastbayaggie
    The feed is working now. I guess that meets my 75% success criteria.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Knights defense is as advertised. 18-10 UCF after the 1st quarter
  • eastbayaggie
    The sportscaster is saying the video is not working on the hot mic. It is working now.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Starting to get out of hand. :/
  • CA Forever
    Aggies looking low energy out there.
  • CA Forever
    Gonna be tough to come back from a half like that. That was some UGLY basketball.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Complete domination by UCF. The Ags have not faced a team with this kind of athleticism this year and it shows.
  • Goags20172
    2 songs by the Offspring so far, including the ever so politically correct "She's got Issues". No Green Day. Gotta love the Band- uh though. Always make you feel like it's 1997 again :D
  • Goags20172
    Oh, there it is. In the end. I think it's called.
  • movielover
    Are they a ranked team?
  • CA Forever
    Aggies bring it within 10 by the end of the 3rd.
  • BlueGoldAg
    It took the Ags 22 minutes to wake up and play aggressively. Got the lead down to 10 to start the 4th
  • Goags20172
    And there's the 2nd one !
  • Goags20172
    Zander you were right on the # of songs. Welcome to Paradise was the 2nd. In other years I've heard "When I come around", "She", that one that's "Enemy" or Nemesis" or something. They like to stick to the "Dookie" album, don't they ? Although once I swear I heard "Brain Stew". That was a shocker.

I'm proud of the way the team fought back, turning a laugher into a close game.
  • DrMike
    offspring trivia. Original drummer , James Lilja, left the band in college to concentrate on school. Currently a renowned gynological oncologist. I’m very happy he made that decision!
  • 69aggie
    Why do we play these games? We are dummies coming out of finals. Academic shell shock then this game to be played. Anyway, we were never going to be undefeated. . . . Better now.c.c.c
  • Goags20172
    Wow, that's pretty neat. Instead of helping to produce some somewhat misogynistic music he's helping women survive cancer. As someone who's survived cancer twice (so far anyway) to this point before the age of 40 I'm glad we have people like him fighting against it
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!