• BlueGoldAg
    The Lady Ags look to get back to their winning ways when the San Diego Aztecs visit the Pavilion at 7 pm Friday. The Aztecs have struggled the last couple of season and come to Davis with a 2-4 that includes a blowout losses to UC Riverside 72-44 and San Diego 91-53.

The Aggies hope to improve to 5-1 for the season after their disappointing loss to the Hofstra Pride largely due to poor rebounding. Hopefully, we'll see the Ags doing a much better job on the boards against the Aztecs and put this game in the win column.

Go Ags!
  • Zander
    As far as I know this is the first meeting of the two schools in any sport since I started taking MBA classes at State. Don't know who I'm rooting for yet but I look forward to watching the stream!

I do think the Aggies will have the edge given that SDSU hasn't shown many positives yet. They struggled to establish separation from Cal State San Marcos when I went to see them play, but other than that I don't know much more about them than what shows on paper.

The game also marks a semi-homecoming for SDSU's Baylee Vanderdoes, who's from my area up in Auburn and is the sister of UCLA's Eddie Vanderdoes, one of the top nose tackles in the nation. Quite an athletic family.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Come on Zander, once an Aggie always an Aggie! (Y)
  • Zander
    Okay, sure, I'll take the Aggies this time because WBB was just about the least frustrating team during my time there. #mildAggiePride
  • PortlandAggie
    My wife graduated from San Diego State and she's routing for UC Davis ... that's #AggiePride
  • BlueGoldAg
    Aggie convert! Now that's Aggie Pride! (Y)
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Ags overcame a frigid start shooting 1 for 10 and then hit their next 6 of 7 to lead the Aztecs 18-12 at the end of the 1st quarter.
  • aggie6thman
    44-23 Ags at the half.
  • BlueGoldAg
    It's been the Dani Nafekh show with 19 points on 7-8 shooting to lead the Aggies into the break with a 21 point lead 44-23. Morgan Bertsch has 12. The Ags are doing a much better job on the boards and have a 22-17 edge.
  • BlueGoldAg
    A ragged 3rd quarter for the Ags but still lead up 21 at 59-38.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies move to 5-1 with a 75-55 win over the Aztecs. Dani Nafekh had a career high 28 points 10 of 14 shooting of which 8 of 11 were from 3. Morgan Bertsch continued her excellent offensive play and added 20.

The Aggies won the boards 40-35 but had 18 TO's most of which came in a fairly erratic second half of play. The Aztecs played the Ags even in the second half as the Aggies did not handle the press very well. My guess that the Ags may see double teams and pressure in the future.

Next up is a visit to #11 Stanford on Sunday.

Go Ags!
  • Zander
    Great, dominating win tonight!

There's exactly one senior on this team, and a trio of 6'+ post players arriving next year. The ceiling is so high for this program it's scary.
  • BlueGoldAg
    There was a stretch of 8 minutes from late in the first quarter and into the second where the Aggies went on something like a 20-0 run and broke the game open. That was a beautiful stretch of basketball by the Aggies on both ends of the floor. When this team gets in a rhythm like that they can be a very, very good basketball team.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!