• BlueGoldAg
    A couple of quotes from Jen Gross in the Enterprise article about the Indiana game:

“It was sad to fall a little bit short and it was disappointing to see it all come to an end, but I just could not be more proud of my team and everything we accomplished this year,” said head coach Jennifer Gross. “I feel like our players don’t even realize how many new fans they made for our program and how special this group was. Teams like this don’t come around that often.”

“We didn’t play our best. In different circumstances, it might have been a little bit different. I’m extremely proud of our team,” Gross said. “I just don’t think there’s many teams, and that tournament proves that there’s not, that can continually get on another plane, go to an environment where there’s 5,000 people cheering against you, and keep finding ways to win and have to do it again.”

It should be noted that Indiana has yet to travel from home and the Ags had to travel over 7000 miles in less than two weeks. That was a huge advantage for the Hoosiers.

https://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/aggies-finally-hits-the-end-of-the-road-in-basketball-mecca/
  • 72Aggie
    WNIT Final: Indiana 65-Va Tech 57 in front of 13,000 (!!) in Bloomington.
  • BlueGoldAg
    13,000 fans Indiana fans...wow...you're making me homesick for Hoosier basketball... :cry:
  • 69aggie
    Great season and too bad to lose to the eventual champion. By comparative scores, we could have been very close if we played for the title against IU.
    But on to another issue: next year. I know that MBB has a ton of redshirts coming on and one kid from Canada who can shoot. Thats all i know about MBB. I know nothing about WBB for next year except we lost Marley, Rachel, Pele and Dani and we had two redshirts on the bench this year. I do not know who we have recruited to replace all of them. I would like one of you smart guys with the time to line this all up for us: what should we expect next year from the new players? Who exactly are they?
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I'll take a crack to start things off.

Probably the biggest new face will be Sage Stobbart, a 6'3" red shirt freshman from Canada. She was highly recruited and sat out this year (similar to how Bertch sat out her freshman year). I imagine she'll get most of the Marly Anderson backup minutes, although if she is as good as they say, we might be seeing both her and Bertch at the same time.

There is Katy Toole, a transfer from utah State, who is supposed to have a great outside shot. I kind of think of her as a replacement for Nagel (about the same size).

Kayla Konrad, a 6'0" redshirt freshman. Don't know much about her, but I like the size and hopefully she can contribute next year. I know there is another JC transfer (I think the first JC transfer for the women's team in the D1 era) but I don't know her name off hand. I think I read she has a good outside shot.

That's all I got time for right now. Next...
  • Oldbanduhalum
    The other two additions that i've seen for next year are Cierra Jo McKeown from Walla Walla Community college, a 5'9" guard who shot over 43% from beyond the arc last year and dropped 43 points in their most recent tournament game; and Makaila Sanders from Sac area, who sounds like she'll be the point guard of the future. You can see write ups of both at here
156789Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!