• 69aggie
    Interesting in this mornings bee that Mackenzie Forbes (g) was the bees MVP and that the Aggies recruit Makaila Sanders (5’ 9” g) was on the 2nd team although her stats were significantly better that Forbes. Maybe that Forbes is 6’ sealed the deal as maxiepreps loves the tall ones.
    Also, Aggie recruit Cierra Jo McKeown (5’9” g) out of Walla Walla CC led her team to the state championships in Washington state. She was instrumental in defeating Umpqua CC the number 1 seed scoring 32 points- 9 of 12 from the 3. As noted above she also scored 42 pts in the semi. She is obviously an outstanding 3 point shooter. Too bad she couldn’t have had one year watching Rachel drill her threes. These gals are the real deal and Aggie WBB will continue to rise with them. Geat work by Jen to grab them early.
  • oldschool
    - FWIW, Forbes played on a team that was STACKED, so she didn't have to rack up as many stats as Sanders did. Forbes was a McDonald's All-American and won the girls' 3-point-contest before the game. I am excited about Sanders coming though!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Sanders scored 25 points in the Girl's Small School Optimist basketball game a couple of days ago. Mackenzie Forbes' brother is Mason Forbes and he scored 22 points in the Boy's Large School Optimist game. He is going to play at Harvard next year and Mackenzie will be playing for Cal. I wonder if we tried to recruit either of these players. They are both talented basketball players and both value academics.
  • 69aggie
    I also believe their dad was a Harlem Globetroter. Gotta have those genes!
  • Russ Bowlus
    Saw the AST twitter account retweet the signing of junior transfer Mackenzie Trpcic from University of Albany. 5'7" assist machine, looks like. 197 assists last year! Should fit in nicely!

edit: last name is pronounced "TERP-chich" for those who were wondering (like me).

(UCD had ~600 total assists for last season--150ish by Ms. Eaton--for comparison.)
  • Gunrock47
    Definitely an interesting transfer. She comes from a very, very successful America East program that’s made multiple NCAA appearances over the last few years. Jen Gross sure is good at getting Canadians.
  • 69aggie
    I think the word is out in Canada that we have a Canadian AD and what that would mean to a Canadian recruit. Support!! Plus, a real world class coach in Jen Gross. We are so lucky to have her.
  • Russ Bowlus
    And a marching band that knows the Canadian anthem. ;)
  • Zander
    She's a biochemistry and molecular biology major; something tells me she isn't transferring to UC Davis just for basketball...

Which is great!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!