• BlueGoldAg
    Looks like we posted this news at the same time, PA.

So next season we'll have TJ, AJ and BJ... :cool:
  • quadshock
    Seems like we're succeeding at recruiting sons of former NBA players. The Les effect. Looking forward to seeing the kid play!
  • PortlandAggie
    Ha! I deleted the other thread.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Another 6’5” wing. I like the trend of good size wings
  • Zander
    If he's decently athletic it will be cool to see a guy with that kind of height in the Avery/Lawrence/Michael position.

I like the trend of getting children of pros. Probably means they had good mentorship when they were learning to play -- maybe we'll see an advantage in fundamentals?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Shaw played at the Brewster Academy in Wildeboro, New Hampshire last season. Brewster Academy is a boarding, prep school that has won 5 prep national championship titles since 2010. They routinely send players to elite, Top 20 schools in college basketball. Shaw had offers from UC Riverside, Cleveland State, William & Mary, Lafayette and American. It looks like he committed to the Ags quickly after he was offered by Les. Their roster list him at 6'6 so maybe he's grown an inch since his playing days at Bishop O'Dowd.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    good research. Looks like another solid pickup. I do wonder if we lost another player to transfer.
  • 69aggie
    Does he have to sit for a year as a transfer?
  • BlueGoldAg
    No, he isn't transferring from another college. He's a 2018 high school graduate from the Brewster Academy and should be enrolled as a freshman at UCD this year. Of course, he may redshirt...??
  • Oldbanduhalum
    From New England Recruiting

Shaw, the son of longtime NBA player and coach Brian Shaw, was widely under-recruited prior to arriving in Wolfeboro this fall. In fact, he didn't hold a D1 offer at all. That all changed quickly this fall when college coaches started attending open gyms at Brewster.

A versatile perimeter player with good size, athleticism, skill, and the ability to play multiple positions, Shaw earned offers from high academic schools in Patriot League, CAA, and Horizon League.

He carved out a role in the Bobcats rotation this winter and solidified his spot, not just as a division I caliber talent, but one who was just starting to tap into his potential. UC Davis allowed him the opportunity to pursue his dream of playing division I basketball but to do so in his home state of California.
  • True Blue Aggie
    Thank you for sharing. Nice detective work.

He may not pay dividends immediately, but I believe this kind has all the tools to be a solid contributor.
  • 69aggie
    Does anyone know if Chima will graduate with his class next month? Or has he just left school in the wake of all of his problems. I and i know most of all of you agree that he was a big star for the Ags when he was here. Lots of charisma. So sad to see how it ended. I do hope that he has a successful career ahead of him. I would like to keep track of his whereabouts and life. Can anyone help me?
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Don’t know for sure, but I just saw a pic of him on Twitter working out at pre-draft camp.
  • BlueGoldAg
    It looks like Shaw is a perfect fit for the Aggies. He is highly regarded by his former coaches who say he is an explosive athlete with a high basketball IQ and a great work ethic. I look forward to seeing this kid play.

http://www.ucdavisaggies.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/062318aaa.html
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!