• movielover
    From the Stanford website.

"The nonconference home game against UC Davis (Sept. 15), televised by the Pac-12 Network, will begin at 11 a.m., the earliest start time in recent history for a Stanford home game."

Go Ags!
  • DrMike
    Sounds like Bloody Mary tailgate
  • agalum

And breakfast burritos!
  • DrMike
    its a 2-hour drive from Davis (on a good day). you guys will be up early to get there for a brunch-tailgate. about an hour from my house. i wonder when kickoff for the San Jose State game will be.
  • Zander
    I love the smell of upsets in the morning
  • movielover
    FWIW, it looks like from Paul Creighton's twitter, and others, Erron Duncan and Kooper Richardson have earned scholarships.

Duncan was a BEAST last year as a true freshman? ... and KR looks like he improved his physique. Congrats fellas!
  • AggieFinn
    Papa Finn and Uncle Finn will be in attendance.

I reminded them that 2005 was 2005. We aim to beat EWU and Idaho.
  • Zander
    My Bay Area friends, including my old Davis roommate who's never been to a football game before, are all coming!

I don't think they care too much about the score (hopefully -- I've tried to be realistic with them) but the hype around Aggie sports is finally building to where they can't ignore it anymore.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Well, unfortunately, my wife and I are going to miss the Stanford and Idaho games...bummer! We'll be back in Wisconsin and Indiana visiting family and we'll be going to the Nebraska @ Michigan game also. My wife is a Michigan alum and we're meeting up with a couple of her former sorority sisters and their husbands after many years for a mini-reunion. I'll be the only not Michigan grad in the group. I'd rather be going to the Stanford game but this reunion has been planned for quite a while.
  • movielover
    Given your sacrifice, I think you get TV priority to put on our game for background conversation ... if time zones and start times work in your favor (ie no direct conflict). ... have fun!

Do the Michigan folks, or you, know how Coach Harbaugh originally motivated Stanford football players out of their doldrums?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Just to make things feels a little worse, the Stanford game is on my birthday. I would love to be in Palo Alto to celebrate the upcoming, monumental upset over The Cardinal on my birthday! O'k...so I'm a dreamer.... :joke:

We'll be way up north in Wisconsin on Lake Shishebogama and, with the game starting at 11 out west, I'll try to tune in the Pac12 network online at 8 a.m. I'm not sure I'll be able to stream the game though, The wi-fi up there is not that strong.
  • movielover
    I spoke to a Stanford insider this weekend.

He said if Love gets past the line of scrimmage, its over. He claimed:

1. Love led college football in 50-yard plus TDs.
    2. Love did that with a sprained ankle half the season.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Well, maybe he’ll go 49 and cough it up on the one yard line from a shoe string tackle! :joke:
  • movielover
    Stanford beat Rice 62-7 last year in Australia. Love had a 62 yd run first play of the game. Ended up with 180 yds in 2 1/2 quarters. Looks like the Cardinal averaged almost 10 yds a rush even w/out Love's long run.

In Rice's defense, they started a RFrosh QB. They were 1-11 on the year.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!