• BlueGoldAg
    Craig Haley of Stats FCS Football ranks the Ags #9 in Big Sky heading into the 2018 season.

Link to the article with a brief synopsis of each team:

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20180808102952393102204
  • Riveraggie
    Some of the teams ahead of us we’ve never beat so not much to argue about.
    Maybe this is the year we knock off Eastern Washington and/or Montana.
  • lucche
    Tehran is our ace- in - the- hole. The other teams know about Meier and Doss. What they do not know is much about Thomas. Defend the pass- and the run opens up. He may not need that to gain his yards. He is a fast Dozer as Sac State saw last year in the second half. They could not stop him. You can defend the pass or the run, but difficult to do both. Sac tried to defend the pass. That is when Thomas went off. I expect UCD's offense should be better this year than last. Other teeams are onlkyt expecting Meier and Dodd. Tehran m,ay be our best offensive player this year if he stays healthy.
  • Riveraggie
    He’s great. Wish we had two of him.
  • movielover
    Coach Hawkins says we're going to Doss 20 times a game.
  • Riveraggie
    Not much change there I think he averaged 10 catches.
    To throw to Doss 20 times we need first downs so there are lots of plays and everyone else gets plays too.
  • lucche
    I think Hawkins is just trying to intimidate our foes about Doss. Doss is great, but if they are going to double team him the QB will need to spread it around. Our receiving core is not too shabby even without Doss. But, Doss puts tremendous pressure on the opposition just being on the field. I expect his numbers to be much or better than last year.
  • Riveraggie
    No huddle fast tempo will also get the number of plays up.
    We won’t be one dimensional. We have a few other wide receivers in addition to our returning starters coming off injury. Plus good redshirts, freshmen. Jarred Harrell redshirted after injury, he was a 10.7 second 100 guy. Remember the big plays against Weber by Vaughn, one 60 yards? I’d love to get an update on how Harrell and Vaughn are.
  • lucche
    RiverAggie, you pretty much sold my point about our receiving core being pretty good withut Doss./ Doos just makes our receiving core very,very, dangerous. Thus, opening holes in the line for Thomas. Arm tackles are not going to stop Thomas.
  • movielover
    Don't forget Montgomery in the slot. Stud. He had 27 catches last year, he'll at least double that number.

We'll be 1 or 2 steps better w The Fly ... I look forward to seeing Layton and highly touted speedster Carson Crawford, and our new 6'5" JC WR. Sipes? Will 6'7" WR Junior Gabe Martinez see some PT?
  • Riveraggie
    So many questions so few answers, the joy of rooting for the Aggies!
    Hopefully coaches identify talent and find spots for a lot of guys to succeed. Our JC WR is interesting. Was an all state punter in high school. Didn’t catch too many passes at American River, or punt. But with all our QBs throwing passes in practice we need a lot of receivers.
  • movielover
    If a 6'5" or 6'7" kid can move, and has hands ... that has to cause problems for some DBs.
  • Riveraggie
    Yep, the 6’7” guy is tight end size maybe he blocks as well. The 6’5” guys bio seems like a good athlete. But we’re deep at receiver. Hope coaches can finds role if they have ability. We need to wait and see how things sort out, might see some surprises.
  • lucche
    The 6'7" guy is great for a lob at the goaline. Tough to defend that.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!