• BlueGoldAg
    Nice find, PA. It's great that they have invested in updated Hickey Gym. I know that all the lines on the floor are for all the different sports that can use the gym but it sure looks confusing! :s
  • movielover
    Do they still let students, faculty and staff use it for pickup games?
  • Zander
    I never heard of it being available, though that doesn't mean it wasn't.

Between the ARC and the outdoor courts by the water tower I would think there's enough recreational space to let Hickey be exclusively ICA.
  • PortlandAggie
    When I was at Davis (mid 90's) Hickey was open to the public during the summer
  • SochorField
    The men should play a couple games a year in Hickey. The place could be LOUD. I would definitely drive to Davis to experience a packed house in Hickey.
  • aggie6thman
    Noooooooooooo.........
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I watched a volleyball game a year or two ago in Hickey and thought it was a much better experience than the one's I've seen at the Pavillon.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I used to go to Aggie games in Hickey Gym and, yes, some of us are still alive and kicking! It was packed, hot and loud. Coach Hamilton would be stomping, yelling, chewing on his towel and even going up in the stands to sit with the students when he was really going wild.

Ham was half the fun of being there. He would get so riled up and passionate that it was a wonder he didn't keel over and drop dead in the heat of the moment. He was never abusive and was always respectful of the refs and our opponents. He was great coach and a unique character.
  • movielover
    Yes. I never saw him at Hickey, but his teams made several playoff appearances back in those days. It seems like our magic didn't move from Hickey to Rec Hall.
  • oldschool
    - Well, we did manage to win a National Championship and practically sell out the Rec Hall on Break-the-Record Nights when we were in the DII days... maybe it's the Pavilion name that's the problem. :)
  • movielover
    I still feel odd about the name change, how they took the old IM photos offof Rec Hall walls, and then they also took the historic athletic photos out of the hallways in Hickey Gym. ... like Rec Hall wasn't good enough... huh? ... when an alum donates big bucks, we could rename it then!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!