• CA Forever
    Haha, not sure if we're going 10-1 like they predict in that 2nd thread. I sure do hope that we can put a hurt on the Hornets though.
  • DrMike
    i thought you were referring to this article that says 72 players have left since 2014, 28 after the 2016 season alone:

https://statehornet.com/2018/10/28-football-players-left-sac-state-after-2016-heres-why/
  • 72Aggie
    That was going to be next, but I couldn't get past the "Done" thread where one writer flat out abandons all hope and gives up on the the team forever and in perpetuity and until the end of days. In the dark times with the basketball team losing to a D-III art academy and the "always punt on fourth down" football team I never entertained the idea of flushing it all away. I swore a lot, but never swore it off.
  • 69aggie
    OK this is interesting but, I think we should consider stopping this thread as to football! So maybe its informational, but it is also major gloating and that is very bad JU JU for the team. Also known in my weak German as : “Schadenfrude” or English: “Glee from the suffering of others” which is very bad morally and poor conduct and which in German lore will “come back to forever haunt you”. Humm. . I think Maier is a German name. . . .
  • Bige70
    @69aggie I totally agree. Those threads make me sad, actually. I had beeen looking forward to several years of Sac and UCD both being competitive. Sounds like there are real problems over there.
  • agalum
    Suc can rack up the points when they are firing on all cylinders. While on an average year we have their number, I’m always on pins and needles until the fat lady sings. Regardless of the win-loss ratio, it’s always an exciting game.
  • DrMike
    I’m not trying to pile on, I also think a good Sac team is good for us. I was surprised to see such an in-depth article in the school paper
  • AggieOutcast
    I need to chime in. I really want to see UC Davis and Sacramento State do great. I go to games every year in football and men's and women's basketball at both schools. For the record, I'm a Chico State graduate (yeah, I know, "STATE SCHOOL!") :razz: who remembers the Aggies and Hornets being rivals with the Wildcats during the Division II era. I currently live in the Sacramento area and without question, it's always doom and gloom when it comes to Sac State. They're simply a product of a dysfunctional and disconnected community. It's the same problem with a certain NBA team also based in Sacramento who hasn't reached the postseason in a long while and there's not much hope they'll be getting back into the playoff picture anytime soon. :vomit: I wish I had a better outlook when it comes to the Hornets, but when you're a commuter school, the prevailing thought is always "WHATEVER!" :shade:
  • quadshock
    It's just sad to see longtime board members who we used to banter with call it quits. But I also know how it feels, because it was very hard for me to get my friends to come out to any games a few years back
  • NCagalum
    Schadenfruede . Or joy in others suffering. Schaden is “too bad” and “fruede” is joy. And yes Maier is a German name and it is pronounced incorrectly strictly speaking. The second vowel (i) should be sounded, not the “a”. OK enough of the pedantic German lesson (I am a rank amateur at it).
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!