• movielover
    Like 6'10" Nolan Berry?

Some wonder if Les' coaching style impedes player confidence.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Yeah, I'm sure he was counting on Berry to be a big cog in this years team, in addition to losing Monson with a year's worth of eligibility left.
  • aggie6thman
    That's been the problem with basketball, we don't have any depth. It's similar to football, we have decent starters and then there isn't much left on the bench. There are 351 DI basketball teams so we have some stiff competition, but Les was one of
    The first coaches on campus who regularly recruited outside of California. He's been fishing in a bigger pond for a while.

Like @BlueGoldAg said, I hope Blue evaluates the program and identities weaknesses. Basketball is the sport that can launch the athletic program to new heights. I haven't heard anyone at work talk about their FCS playoff brackets, but you can bet when March rolls around everyone will know what is going on!
  • OldAggie
    Well, same as football, we just can't get the kids other people can...including Cal...because our GPA requirements are set on OUR campus. Cal will let anyone in who can pass the minimal GPA and testing requirements and has forever (Kidd barely passed the minimum 800 on the SAT in 1992). We seem over-matched in most games.
  • movielover
    Didn't Bozner and Nujic leave early? We've had a high turnover rate.
  • aggie6thman
    There is a long list of departures.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!