• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies have been struggling all season long and now they jump from the frying pan into the fire when they travel to nation's basketball heartland to play the Indiana Hoosiers Friday at 4 pm Pacific time in the 17,222 seat Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall on the campus of Indiana University in Bloomington. I grew up in Indiana and still follow the Hoosiers and this is the first time I will not be pulling for them in a game.

The Hoosiers have been plagued with an unprecedented number of injuries this season but, even so, the Aggies enter the contest currently as 22 point underdogs.

'Next Man Up' Hoosiers face UC-Davis

BLOOMINGTON — The biggest question leading into Friday’s Indiana-UC Davis game is a simple one.

Who will IU coach Archie Miller have at his disposal to play against the Aggies?

At the end of Tuesday night’s 78-64 victory over Texas-Arlington, IU had seven players out of the lineup with various injuries. Six were scholarship players — Devonte Green, Jerome Hunter, Race Thompson, De’Ron Davis, Al Durham and Romeo Langford. A seventh, Zach McRoberts, is a walk-on but was starting before hurting his back.

Of that group, Langford is the one people are most interested in and unsure about. It’s unclear if the reigning Mr. Basketball from New Albany suffered a broken nose in a collision with a Texas-Arlington player in the lane in the closing minutes Tuesday. Indiana has provided no updates.

Langford is IU’s leading scorer, averaging 18.2 points and 6 rebounds per game. Another question mark from Tuesday is Durham, who landed hard on his back early in the game, went to the locker room during the first half and didn’t return.

Even if Langford can play Friday night, the Hoosiers (4-1) will still be a few players down when they face UC-Davis, an NCAA Tournament team from last season that has started the season 1-5.

Against two common opponents, the Aggies lost at Arkansas 81-58 and at Texas-Arlington 68-59. Their only victory was against Texas A&M Corpus Christi 57-54. UC-Davis is averaging 54.7 points, while shooting 35 percent from the field and 25 percent from 3-point range

https://www.heraldbulletin.com/sports/next-man-up-hoosiers-face-uc-davis/article_faa19514-eeb3-11e8-bc72-53cd0c6f8543.html

Your Indiana Hurtin’ Hoosiers Return to Action on Friday Night vs. UC Davis

The teams have played two common opponents thus far on the season. UC Davis lost at Arkansas 81-58 and at UT Arlington, 68-59.

UC Davis head coach Jim Les is from Illinois and played college basketball at Bradley. He told the Yolo County News that he has never been to Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall and said this about the road trip:

“I grew up a Bobby Knight fan, an Indiana fan. I was never good enough to play at Indiana.”

“But I’m excited for our guys to have the opportunity to play one of the storied basketball programs in history,” says Les. “The place is a storied venue, too.”

Les had a long NBA career with multiple teams.

The Aggies have been struggling mightily on offense. Leading scorer TJ Shorts averages just 11 points per game, and their top four scorers are all shooting below 40% from the field.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/your-indiana-hurtin-hoosiers-return-to-action-on-friday-night-vs-uc-davis/

The game will be televised on the BTN+ Network but it requires a fee. The radio broadcast will be on KHTK 1140 AM.

Go Ags!
  • DavisAggie
    Wrong discussion forum
  • BlueGoldAg
    Thanks, I corrected it.
  • madcityscott
    Go, Ags! I have a good feeling about this game.
  • madcityscott
    I wish it was on TV.
  • BlueGoldAg
    9-4 Ags off to a nice start. Fuller with 2 early fouls.
  • madcityscott
    An upset is unlikely but not impossible. The Hoosiers are hurting and most likely thinking this is an easy W.
  • BlueGoldAg
    24-13 Ags! Playing their best BB of the year.
  • madcityscott
    Keep the lead into halftime, Ags.
  • DrMike
    Hoosiers went on quite a run. Morgan harms something like 13 straight
  • madcityscott
    Great to see AJ having a nice game.
  • SoCalAggie
    How can we get a link? I don’t want to pay lol
  • DrMike
    I was just about to type that. That got hot in the last 8 minutes or so. They are shooting over 50% from the field, over 60 from 3’s. Morgan has been unstoppable. Our best offense this year. Don’t think we can hold them down. Maybe a zone?
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Wish I could watch this one. Nice to see us shooting above 50%
  • BlueGoldAg
    39-37 Ags at the half. The Hoosiers came out flat but Juwan Morgan has brought them back with 19 points. The Ags will need to continue to play the best ball they've ever played to have a shot in the second half. Go Ags!
  • BlueGoldAg
    It'll be tough to slow the Hoosiers down in the second half...too much individual talent. I'm impressed how well we played so far though.
  • DrMike
    Ragged start to the half.
  • DrMike
    48-40 with 15 to go, playing well on both ends. Shorts come out limping. Hope that not an issue
  • BlueGoldAg
    48-45 Ags. Going through a bit of a scoring drought. Need some shots to fall but we're in the game!
  • SoCalAggie
    I don’t want to post it here but there is a link on first row sports
  • SoCalAggie
    Turnovers and a few fouls and bad calls. Game could be getting away from us with 4:26 to go.

Down 8
  • DrMike
    14-0 run by Hoosiers. Struggling now
  • oldschool
    This would have been the basketball equivalent of football's win at Stanford.
  • madcityscott
    The Aggies’ composure at Assembly Hall is remarkable.
  • oldschool
    Les gets T'ed... likely frustration from the IU run and having 22 fouls called against the Ags vs. only 7 against Indiana.
  • madcityscott
    Funny I say how composed they are and then Les gets the technical.
  • DrMike
    Our turnovers in second half killed us.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!