• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies (6-6) travel to Colorado Springs for a Thursday afternoon game with the Falcons (6-6). The all-time series record between the two schools is tied at 2-2. Both teams started the season strong but have had struggled of late but the Falcons have played a more challenging schedule than the Ags.

On paper the game appears to be pretty even but the game will be played at altitude and the Falcons will have the home court advantage.

Tip off is scheduled for 1 pm Pacific time and will be live streamed on the Mountain West Conference Network: http://www.goairforcefalcons.com/videos/live.html
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Looks like Goode is healthy again. Nice to have the team at full strength again.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Great to see him back in action!
  • CA Forever
    Refs are being pretty whistle happy, Ags going to be in foul trouble early.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Lots of ticky tack fouls on the Ags.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I hate it when the refs feel like they should be the center of attention. As usual, the zebras are calling blocks when the offensive player clearly jumps into the defender and initiates contact. And, what a cheap foul on Henn in the scramble for a jump ball...horrible call!
  • CA Forever
    And the refs are continuing their nonsense. Ags are up to 10 fouls in the first 12 minutes of the game.

Make that 11.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Some horrible horrible calls.
  • BlueGoldAg
    It's pathetic...cheap fouls...the refs have completely taken the game away from the players..this is just plain bad for the game of basketball!
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Quite the lineup we have out there right now. Hennings/Mooney/Micheal at the guards. I like the energy Hennings is bringing.
  • CA Forever
    Atrocious call.... good it just got reversed. How in the hell could that be called an offensive foul... these refs man.
  • CA Forever
    White goes down with a non contact knee injury.
  • CA Forever
    We're up to 16 team fouls on the Aggies in the 1st half. Another ticky tacky call by the refs.
  • CA Forever
    17 fouls. We're not going to have any players left to play come 2nd half.
  • CA Forever
    Air Force knocks down a buzzer beater to take the lead. 18 fouls on the Aggies in the first half. Refs are making this game their own, sure some calls are legit but for the most part this has been a horrendously officiated game.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Just an awful first half. We came out with energy and I like the pace, but these terrible refs have taken any kind of flow out of the game.
  • DrMike
    both teams are shooting less than 40%, and we're 1-9 from 3's. and only down 2 points at the half. the fact that we have 14 points off turnovers is a big reason for keeping it close, considering our foul problems. hopefully we weathered that storm and come out playing well in the 2nd.

stats make it look like the style of a 7th place game of a high school tournament in a mostly empty gym.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Ags trail by two 30-28 in a ragged game totally taken over by the refs. We have 4 players with 3 fouls each in the first 20 minutes. These guys called 28 fouls total against both teams which means they blew their whistles every 42 seconds on average and have just destroyed the flow of the game. Unbelievable what this officiating crew has done to ruin this game!
  • CA Forever
    Minute and a half into the 2nd and we have 2 fouls called already. Apparently the refs didn't talk this over during the break.
  • CA Forever
    Alright I'm turning the game off. No need for me to get all angry but these refs have destroyed this game.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Quite honestly, I've never seen such one sided officiating ever...it's that bad! That last foul on White was terrible...he just stood there with his hands straight up and the offensive player bumped into him and the ref calls an +1. (N)
  • CA Forever
    That's why I had to turn it off. No chance for the Aggies with the book being thrown at em this hard. These refs are a disgrace to the game.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Ags claw there way back to within 6 and Henning gets knocked to the floor on a 3 attempt and gets no call and Les gets a T. Surprised it took this long for Les to get teed up with these incompetent bozos officiating this game!
  • quadshock
    Abysmal three point shooting killed the Ags here
  • BlueGoldAg
    Yep, we shot a blistering 4-23 from 3 for 17%. I thought the Ags did a pretty good job to get the lead down to 4 at 64-60 given the fact that the refs had handcuffed them with a ton of fouls in the first half.

Right now this team is slumping. With league about to start and playing the way we are, I think we are one of the bottom 3 teams if not right at the bottom. If we finish under .500 for the season I think that Blue needs to take a serious look at the job Coach Les is doing.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Rough game for the Ags. I do like the way they fought back, but they go through these droughts were they can't buy a basket. With all the foul troubles, we were forced to play some very un-conventional lineups, which can account for some lapses. But I can't argue with you BGA, the way they are playing right now overall, BW will be tough.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!